Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sean Casey signs with Red Sox

Sean Casey signs with Red Sox

Casey signs one year deal for $700K

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sean Casey signs with Red Sox

Pretty sure they are going to regret that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Pretty sure they are going to regret that.
    Do you have a reason? Or are you just posting to post?
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Not much to regret at 700K. People like to bash Casey around here cause of the double plays he had but, for that price he wouldn't be a bad bat comming off the bench.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Why would they regret it? Even if Casey is a backup, he's a good guy to have in the clubhouse. I think its a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    Do you have a reason? Or are you just posting to post?
    Maybe regret is a bit strong.

This is a message board. Are we not allowed to post? I didnt know I had to check in with you to state my opinion on something.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegz View Post
    Not much to regret at 700K. People like to bash Casey around here cause of the double plays he had but, for that price he wouldn't be a bad bat comming off the bench.
    Agreed. Even if he is God aweful you can easily cut him and just eat the 700K.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

I love it! I like seeing Sean have a job as long as its not with the Reds.

Meanwhile we have Scott Hatteberg making $1.85M to do the same thing.

Yeah, they'll regret it allright.

Also, reports that Morgan Ensberg signed with the Yankees.

This is how Big Boy Baseball is played.

We have Juan Castro on our bench.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Good for Sean to find a job with a contending club. I'd love to see him finally get a ring!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

I wonder if Bleeds purposely only cherry picks the post he reads or if its just an accident.

Glad to hear Casey signed with a team that are already contenders. I think he'll be a nice bat off the bench for the Sox. He is a good contact hitter and doesn't strikeout much. It's clear he's not starter material anymore, but I think with his skills he could extend his career for a few more years in this type of role.

I hate the idea of rooting for the Red Sox, but I'd love to see Sean get a ring.

I wonder if he had other offers but chose one from a contender? I know he's slow and has little pop, but given the contracts out there it seems like he could have gotten more money.

He pretty much performed to his historical norms in 2007 and went from $4M to $700k.

Good for Sean. Great guy to a great baseball town.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

I thought, just because of his veteran status, he would make more than that. The Red Sox got a steal. His clubhouse presence is worth more than that by itself.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Turn Off Ads?