Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Opening Day Lineup

Re: Opening Day Lineup

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdwn11 View Post
    Ok thats fine but lets not base it on what never have been either. Like I said I love Jay Bruce and I think he is going to be a great player for a long time but to stick him in the four hole right out of the gate may be asking to much of the kid.

As far as Junior only having 50 left in his bat well lets just say I would take that bet the old has been hit 30 just last year and as for Brandon 6th is perfect for him in your opinion.
    I think kbrake would agree that we could deal with Griffey #4 and Bruce #6 as long as the rest of his predicted lineup came true, but Dusty Baker probably won't even consider Votto leadoff, which is a shame. Besides, Griffey will get hurt eventually or Bruce will show that he is the real deal and we can move him up to cleanup then...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdwn11 View Post
    3rd-Encarnacion
    1B-Votto
    RF-Griffey
    2B-Phillips
    LF-Dunn
    CF-Bruce
    SS-Gonzo
    C-Ross
    I can't see EE hitting in the 1 hole.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

CF- Bruce/Freel
    2B- Phillips
    RF- Griffey
    LF- Dunn
    3B- Encarnacion
    1B- Votto
    SS- Gonzo
    C- Ross
    P- Harang

Seems like a good start to me. But you never know what will happen so I guess all we can do is wait two more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I think kbrake would agree that we could deal with Griffey #4 and Bruce #6 as long as the rest of his predicted lineup came true, but Dusty Baker probably won't even consider Votto leadoff, which is a shame. Besides, Griffey will get hurt eventually or Bruce will show that he is the real deal and we can move him up to cleanup then...
    I would agree that after Bruce gets some at-bat and shows he is the real deal (witch I Believe he is) you could and should move him to cleanup or even 3rd but I just don't think it would be wise to start him off there but thats just my opinion.

IMO, Votto would be a better #2 hitter than leadoff. He is PATIENT, and is also left-handed, which also helps when your lead-off guy gets on first. He also should be probably the #2 OBP guy on the team.

I too doubt that Mr. Anti-Base Clogger Baker would see that as a benefit though.

Problem with our lineup? Too many HR's, and not enough scrappy slap-hitters.

Come to think of it, is that REALLY a problem?!?!?

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    If BP or EE are batting second, I'll eat my hat.
    Did you see any of Baker's Cubs lineups? If Phillips doesn't bat second, I'll eat your hat. "Gotta use that speed, dude."

I also think some people are a little optimistic about how soon Bruce will be one of the best hitters on the team.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

It'd be great if we could get him some protection, but you can't possibly want to hit a guy with a .271 OBP any higher than eighth!?
    Maybe his OBP is 271 from hitting in front of a pitcher.
    I would actually like to have a decent hitter in the 8 spot.

I wish we could get a speedy SS to lead off...nobody in this lineup should ideally hit 1st.

Lets just hope Gonzalez doesn't hit second. With Baker filling out the card every night, I am sure we will see it soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    Maybe his OBP is 271 from hitting in front of a pitcher.
    I would actually like to have a decent hitter in the 8 spot.
    No, his OBP is .271 becuase he is not good at avoiding outs. That is why every team he has ever played for has hit him eighth...

No, his OBP is .271 becuase he is not good at avoiding outs. That is why every team he has ever played for has hit him eighth...
    Maybe its because he played too many games?

Believe me I wont sit here and defend Dave Ross.

Turn Off Ads?