Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things You're Terrible At.....

Things You're Terrible At.....

No matter how hard you've tried, thinking it looked easy and that you could do it or would be good at it, it's turned out to not be your "cup of tea" (so to speak). In fact, you are down right terrible at it. Maybe it's an activity, hobby, chore, or even behavior or habit that society stereotypically says a man or woman should/shouldn't be good at due to their gender.

Or maybe it's a habit that you've developed over time, maybe due to age or whatever, that you wish you could change/fix, because it frustrates the heck out of you yet you don't know what you can do to correct it.

Like with me at remembering names. I have a terrible time remembering names. And I'm talking about people I interact with, such as family members and/or co-workers, on a daily/weekly basis. I suffer from "brain farts" where I all of a sudden can't remember that person's name. And it's embarrassing and frustrating.

Or maybe it's something you can't do anything about, but it still frustrates you like being the hyper active person that I am. And even though my body, due to age is slowing (breaking) down, my mind isn't. I have a hard time staying on task because I have a zillion other things going on inside my mind. I'll therefore, in an attempt to get the task done quickly as possible, take shortcuts, or as I call it "improvise". Which causes my wife and kids to shake their collective heads and stand next to the phone in case 911 needs to be called.

My wife always says .... "Watch your Dad kids and learn. Learn what the wrong way is, and how not to do something."

So I am teaching my kids something. :
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Things You're Terrible At.....

Tennis

Fishing

Bowling

Singing

Throwing a football more than 20 yards

Shooting a basketball

Hitting a breaking ball

Cleaning

Any of the Warcraft games

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Playing the guitar.

After looking at Highlifeman's avatar, I'm reminded I'm horrrrrrible at golf.

Not procrastinating.

Definitely names and dates. My brain just isn't wired for them. It's horribly frustrating.

Housework/ decorating, etc. ..... I'm no Martha Stewart.

Patience.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Mr. Fix-it stuff

I can change a light bulb though!

skiing
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Golf (but I insist on playing)
    working on cars (I stink at it but if I can avoid a $40 per hour labor charge, I'll give it a try)

Water sking and all forms of skating.

Absolutely can not do it. No way no how.

Also being on time.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Can't do cartwheels. I don't get it, I really don't.

art, music, anything requiring creativity...

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Oh yeah- and oragami? The paper folding thing....

Life.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Basketball
    Ping Pong
    Tennis
    Handwriting
    Singing (Thank God)
    Algebra
    Lying
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

High five!

I could never hoola-hoop.

I can't whistle...

Turn Off Ads?