Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Donovan McNabb being seriously pursued by the Ravens

Donovan McNabb being seriously pursued by the Ravens

Saw it on Rotoworld reported by Pasquerelli on ESPN. Apparently Pasquerelli says it will cost the Ravens their first round pick.

www.rotoworld.com

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Ravens are "seriously considering" pursuing Donovan McNabb in an offseason trade.

Mortensen says any deal would have to include the Ravens' No. 8 overall pick, which the Eagles could use on a wideout, defensive end, or offensive tackle. Mort also confirms that pursuing Derek Anderson is a distinct possibility for Baltimore. It is pretty clear that the Ravens intend to upgrade their quarterback situation this offseason.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Re: Donovan McNabb being seriously pursued by the Ravens

They already have a young McNabb clone (although a couple inches shorter) that's much younger and cheaper.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    They already have a young McNabb clone (although a couple inches shorter) that's much younger and cheaper.
    Really think he's ready to be a starter?

I feel bad for Troy Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    I feel bad for Troy Smith.
    I don't feel too bad about him though. He's a good player, but he didn't do the right things to get in shape before the draft. He deserved to be drafted where he was with the shape he was in.

He'll get to be a starter anyway someday.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Really think he's ready to be a starter?

Why not. They have bigger issues right now. They need to shore up their OL and get some WR's for starters.

Might as well take their lumps next year and come out firing for 2009. McNabb is a band-aid on a gaping wound.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

For the 8th pick overall?!!!! Come on now, McNabb is a quality QB, but geez, that is one ludicris trade.
    Witty signature.

Considering how bad hes been for the eagles the last couple seasons I cant imagine him being any better with the ravens.

I'm hoping the Ravens do it, but they are like the Spurs in the NBA, only competitive every other season.

In a way, it depends on if you want the Bengals to take Sedrick Ellis if he drops that far. If Philadelphia gets the pick, it will be either Ellis, Mike Jenkins, or Ryan Clady.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?