Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Kevin Mench?

Old Red Guard Reject

Kevin Mench?

A tidbit on mlbtraderumors:

According to Ed Price of the Newark Star-Ledger, the Yankees have interest in free agent Kevin Mench for a fifth outfielder role. It'd be a minor league deal. Additionally, the Rangers are considering bringing Mench back into the organization.

Mench, 30, has a .924 career OPS against lefties. He made $3.4MM last year.

I'd sign him to a ML contract if I were the Reds. He fills the RH bat off the bench role quite nicely. Heck, I'd give him 3 million to do it.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Kevin Mench?

HE would be a good pick up, I wanted Ensberg, he could have played first and pinch hit!

He be nice.

Here are some guys in the OF we could get with potential minor league deals with invites:

Kevin Mench
    Brady Clark
    Corey Patterson
    Trot Nixon
    Preston Wilson
    Kenny Loften (He would have to be given a ML contract)
    Scott Posednick

Wait why not Shannon Stewart a rigth handed bat that can hit .290 and he is from the Nati.

I am starting a thread on this.

Check that I don't have enough posts yet. Someone want to do the favor

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk61 View Post
    Check that I don't have enough posts yet. Someone want to do the favor
    PM it to me. I'll put it up.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

I thought about starting a Shannon Stewart thread as soon as I saw he was a FA since he is from Cincinnati, but unfortunately he doesn't fit...

Do we have a helmet big enough for Mench? I think he wears like a size 9 hat. We do however need another right handed bat.

Turn Off Ads?