Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Batty Britney Bats Belter

Batty Britney Bats Belter

Batty Britney Bats Belter

Britney Spears, who is currently being kept, Rapunzel like, in a Los Angeles mental facility, apparently does not approve of karaoke. Or at least when someone sings one of "her" songs. An insider at the ward says that Britney got really upset when someone sang "My Prerogative" during the inmates' karaoke time. Crazy Britney gets crazy mad when crazy patient sings crazy Britney's cover of a song first done by a crazy man (Bobby Brown.) I don't know what's more off-putting: that there is karaoke at a mental ward, or that someone in a mental ward is sending anonymous tips out to gossip blogs.

--------------------------

Sorry, I know some people can't stand anything Britney related, but I found this headline and blurb too funny not to share.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Batty Britney Bats Belter

I'm just wondering, but isn't this info supposed to be private. I thought they had confidentiality.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Clearly there is a leak at the funny farm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

It's got to the point where I feel sorry for her. It's obvious now that she's got mental problems.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It's got to the point where I feel sorry for her. It's obvious now that she's got mental problems.
    It's really sad what all this pressure can do to people.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Karaoke at an insane asylum. I have heard everything now.......
    Last edited by Deepred05; 02-04-2008 at 07:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    It's really sad what all this pressure can do to people.
    Honestly, I think you're likely already on the road to Crazyville to even want to be that famous. The last stop on that road is Hollywood, where you're allowed- even encouraged- to manifest your full array of psychological disorders.

When you start off partly bonkers and then end up with enough money to get and do anything you want, complete insanity is really the only reasonable expectation.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The unfortunate thing about mental illness is that she most likely hasn't hit rock bottom yet. When she is finally released from the hospital things will be good for awhile but eventually she will stop taking her medication in order to self medicate. In the words of Rick James "cocaine is a hell of a drug."
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

She sought fame and fortune, and did whatever it took to make sure she was in the limelight. I'm finding it hard to find pity for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepred05 View Post
    Karaoke at an insane asylum. I have heard everything now.......
    Hearing karaoke would drive me to a nut house.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    She sought fame and fortune, and did whatever it took to make sure she was in the limelight. I'm finding it hard to find pity for her.
    A child pushed by ambitious parents to seek fame and fortune is not the same as a responsible adult seeking fame and fortune on their own.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    A child pushed by ambitious parents to seek fame and fortune is not the same as a responsible adult seeking fame and fortune on their own.
    True, and I'll admit that. My post was in response to GoReds33's comment that "it's really sad what all this pressure can do to people", and I neglected to quote him/her when I posted.

What I meant was, once she became a star, no one forced her to do all the outlandish things that she did with her career (I'm not talking about the personal failings) in her efforts to be controversial and be the center of attention in the entertainment world. Heck, no one forced her to keep recording or living in LA, at all. She was free to walk away from it all (if only for a few years) and live a semi-private life far away from Hollywood, but she has chosen not to. That's where my lack of pity comes from. Don't swim around in a swamp and complain about the alligators.

Hope she doesn't end up like Frances Farmer.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    True, and I'll admit that. My post was in response to GoReds33's comment that "it's really sad what all this pressure can do to people", and I neglected to quote him/her when I posted.

What I meant was, once she became a star, no one forced her to do all the outlandish things that she did with her career (I'm not talking about the personal failings) in her efforts to be controversial and be the center of attention in the entertainment world. Heck, no one forced her to keep recording or living in LA, at all. She was free to walk away from it all (if only for a few years) and live a semi-private life far away from Hollywood, but she has chosen not to. That's where my lack of pity comes from. Don't swim around in a swamp and complain about the alligators.

I can understand that and agree somewhat. All the stuff that has gone on since her marriage ended you could chalk up to booze and/or drugs. You figure that if she gets off that stuff she'd be as right as rain. It's tougher to pity someone who has substance abuse problems since that's basically self inflicted. But it seems clear now that it ain't the booze and it ain't the dope. To put it crudely, the girl has a screw loose. I'm not sure if living in L.A. really matters. She could be back in Louisiana and still be nuts. Perhaps living elsewhere would have alleviated the situation somewhat but perhaps staying there was the best thing that could have happened to her. Maybe it has brought it to a head and it can be dealt with now whereas if she was somewhere else, her problems could have been left to fester and not appear to surface for years.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I get the impression that there may not be anyone in her life with a lick of common sense. She's been coddled her entire life because of her looks and her talent (such as it is).

She couldn't possibly be less prepared for real life.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Turn Off Ads?