Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Shannon Stewart

Shannon Stewart

Written by: redhawk61

With some of the talks of people wanting Kevin Mench I looked into what OF on the FA that we could bring in if Bruce needed more time and we come to the conclusion that both Hopper and Feel can't be everydayers.

I came to the Conclusion of Shannon Stewart. Can hit for a nice average and give us some depth from the right side of the plate and he was born in Cincy. so bring the boy home

G=146 AB=576 R=79 H=167 2B=22 3B=1 HR=12 RBI=48 SB=11 CS=33 BB=47 SO=60 HBP=3 IBB=0 SH=1 SF=3 DP=15 AVG=.290 OBP=.345 SLG=.394 OPS=739
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Shannon Stewart

He'd be more of what we have, but with less speed.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    He'd be more of what we have, but with less speed.
    No, that's not it. We have been looking for a righty for the bench most of the offseason. I think that he fits into the mold of the type of player we have been looking for since we got rid of Conine.Shannon Stewart is a good veteran player. I would love to get either he, or Mench on this team.
    Last edited by GoReds33; 02-04-2008 at 06:29 PM.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

I love Shannon Stewart as a cheap leadoff candidate, but at this point in his career the only position in the field he can play is left field, which doesn't fit with us because Dunn plays that position 160 times per year. If he could still play center field I believe we would be jumping all over him by now...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

If I had to choose between Stewart, Mench, and several of the FA OF's that are still left out there, I would probably have to go with one of the other FA that arae out on market.

Also, if I had to just choose between Stewart and Mench, I would have to go with stewart, but thats just a personal preference. I had been a fantasy baseball fan of his for several years, even before I knew that he had any ties and/or connections to the Greater Cincinnati, OH

Old Red Guard Reject

I just googled Shannon Stewart to find HIS stats and some beauty pageant girl came up. Never know what you'll find when you google!

On a more serious note, his .699 OPS against LHP in 2007 is reason #1 not to sign him.
    Last edited by Newman4; 02-05-2008 at 10:57 AM.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    I just googled Shannon Stewart to find HIS stats and some beauty pageant girl came up. Never know what you'll find when you google!

On a more serious note, his .699 OPS against LHP in 2007 is reason #1 not to sign him.
    His career OPS against RH is .795 and LH is .796... not much of a difference, but the larger sample size we can get the better...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

It seems like Shannon Stewart is just an older Norris Hopper. Not sure how that helps us.

Turn Off Ads?