Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ranking the NL Central

Ranking the NL Central

Just have to make this comment since I can't on the other forum.

In that thread a poster claims that Johnny Estrada would be the best catcher in the NL Central had he stayed with Milwaukee. The same Johnny Estrada with a sub .700 OPS in 2 of the last 3 years. He also threw out a whopping number of 13% of runners attemptng to steal last year.

How did nobody point that out?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ranking the NL Central

I would rather have a good defensive catcher like ugh-choke, Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by scuba17 View Post
    Just have to make this comment since I can't on the other forum.

In that thread a poster claims that Johnny Estrada would be the best catcher in the NL Central had he stayed with Milwaukee. The same Johnny Estrada with a sub .700 OPS in 2 of the last 3 years. He also threw out a whopping number of 13% of runners attemptng to steal last year.

How did nobody point that out?
    I too was screaming in my head

Ross had a bad year. This year will tell us if 06 was the norn of if 07 was what we should expect. I think he will pick it up, I expect improvement and will be surprised if he doesn't put up close to 06 numbers. Ross is much better than Estrada, any day.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Its because a lot of people in the other forum aren't all that smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    Ross had a bad year. This year will tell us if 06 was the norn of if 07 was what we should expect. I think he will pick it up, I expect improvement and will be surprised if he doesn't put up close to 06 numbers. Ross is much better than Estrada, any day.
    I don't expect Ross to put up '06 numbers or '07 numbers. I'm thinking more of something right in the middle, say .230/.310/.440, which is adequate with the great defense he plays and the favorable contract he is signed to...

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Its because a lot of people in the other forum aren't all that smart.
    I don't want to start anythting but is it too much to ask that we use this board to have constructive discussions. I don't see what good comes from comments like Bip's.

I have seen a number of post in the last few days that seem over the top and I think it would be better for everyone if folks just tried to stay positive.

My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I don't expect Ross to put up '06 numbers or '07 numbers. I'm thinking more of something right in the middle, say .230/.310/.440, which is adequate with the great defense he plays and the favorable contract he is signed to...
    You're right. As good as his defense is he doesn't have to put up big numbers. But there is nothing wrong with wishing for both. I tend to agree with your prediction about his numbers being in between 06 and 07. I think he lands closer to 06 though and that's a good thing for the Reds.

I don't want to start anythting but is it too much to ask that we use this board to have constructive discussions. I don't see what good comes from comments like Bip's.

I have seen a number of post in the last few days that seem over the top and I think it would be better for everyone if folks just tried to stay positive.

My 2 cents.
    He asked why so I told him

You're right. As good as his defense is he doesn't have to put up big numbers. But there is nothing wrong with wishing for both. I tend to agree with your prediction about his numbers being in between 06 and 07. I think he lands closer to 06 though and that's a good thing for the Reds.
    as the kids say- the numbers from '06 were "sick": .255/.353/.579

I don't think Ross will come close to that slugging with such little contact. The man just hit everything over the fence in '06....

Turn Off Ads?