Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Pain You've Ever Felt

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Worst Pain You've Ever Felt

As I said on another thread with a correction I forgot about (it was the second worst by far):

1) Asthma attack
    2) Woke up in the middle of a colonoscopy (I was under an amnesiac/twilight type drug- which obviously didn't work very well- when they took tissue sample from my colon and the pain awakened me. It hurt so bad I hit the tech and we got into a screaming match. It happened twice.
    3) Abcess tooth

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Worst Pain You've Ever Felt

Rooting for the Bengals

From the other thread:

I was in a car wreck many years ago, and some time later discovered that I had torn a hole in my diaphragm. My colon apparently wanted to go exploring and tried to move up, through the small hole, into my chest cavity. It managed to partly make it. I threw up for a longer period of time than I would have thought possible and remained doubled over for a long, long time.

They flayed open my back, pushed the colon back down where it belonged, sewed up the diaphragm, and vacumed out my chest cavity.

Second worst was my first kidney stone, followed by a bad front tooth.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Burned the whole right side of my body when a radiator hose popped off and sprayed me. Incredibly it missed my face by seconds as I had put my head in there to try to hear where the hissing was coming from. Third degree burns over 25% of my body. Not so much as a scar today.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    From the other thread:

I was in a car wreck many years ago, and some time later discovered that I had torn a hole in my diaphragm. My colon apparently wanted to go exploring and tried to move up, through the small hole, into my chest cavity. It managed to partly make it. I threw up for a longer period of time than I would have thought possible and remained doubled over for a long, long time.

They flayed open my back, pushed the colon back down where it belonged, sewed up the diaphragm, and vacumed out my chest cavity.

Second worst was my first kidney stone, followed by a bad front tooth.
    Holy Mackeral.

I don't know if anyone can beat that one.

I once popped my kneecap up almost to my thigh during a football game. Stupid idiot that I was, I jammed it back down without coming off the field and played the rest of the game.

After that (and a knee scope), I became the slowest runner in the history of high school athletics.

Hence the nickname Wheels, which is still my real nickname to this very day.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

A year ago I had a kidney stone and it is amazing the amount of pain a little stone can cause. I woke up in the middle of the night in the worst pain I have ever felt and the stone was fairly small but it caused a lot of pain until I got some good painkillers at the hospital.

Gastroenteritis for about a week when I was a senior in college.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

ACL surgery. They took a graft from my patellar tendon and drilled a hole through my bones to run the graft through as a replacement ACL. Before they had given me anything for the pain, I woke up in the recovery room, screaming from the white hot pain that was searing through my leg and shooting out to the entire length of my body. Just thinking about it makes my teeth and toes tingle.

#2 was back pain from a herniated disk. I woke up one morning and it felt like someone had taken an ax and just hit me right in the lower back. The pain was so bad I couldn't lift the weight of the upper half of my body out of bed. I couldn't get out of bed for 3 days and had to walk with a cane for a month after that.
    Last edited by Yachtzee; 02-05-2008 at 06:32 PM.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Zoinks!

A stone in my liver (yeah, liver) that kept starting to pass and going back in. It finally came out (I have no idea where it passed to) and I turned bright yellow for a few days, my doctor didn't realize that my severe abdominal pain was from a liver stone and was in quarantine because they thought I had a nasty case of hepititis. It was just all the backed up bile in my bloodstream finally getting back out of my liver.....weird.

Zoinks!

Oh yeah, I had 4 herniated discs from a car accident, that hurt too...and once while mowing the grass I popped something or other in my calf and thought someone had shot me in the leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    2) Woke up in the middle of a colonoscopy (I was under an amnesiac/twilight type drug- which obviously didn't work very well- when they took tissue sample from my colon and the pain awakened me. It hurt so bad I hit the tech and we got into a screaming match. It happened twice.
    Oh, wonderful. I'm supposed to be scheduling one of those within the next month. I had one about 10 years ago and do not remember having any problems, but I wish I had skipped this thread.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

I had a screw go through my eyeball.

While trying to get a stripped screw from something, It got to the end and the pressure from the driver and the plate cause the screw to spring our right into my left eye. I had shattered my lens and it had to be replaced with a plastic lens that needs "cleaned up" every couple of years with a laser.

By the way, it really hurt.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    I had a screw go through my eyeball.

While trying to get a stripped screw from something, It got to the end and the pressure from the driver and the plate cause the screw to spring our right into my left eye. I had shattered my lens and it had to be replaced with a plastic lens that needs "cleaned up" every couple of years with a laser.

By the way, it really hurt.
    Oh. My. God.

When I a freshman in HS I fell off a cliff and broke my wrist, shoulder and hip. Then my friends carried me off the mountain, dropping me a couple of times on the way.
    School's out. What did you expect?

When I was 38 years old, I had open heart surgery performed to correct a congenital birth defect. Essentially, they had to crack my chest and shave down the size of my septum.

After enjoying a chest tube for a few days, the time came for them to remove it. I don't know if the ICU nurse was inexperienced with the procedure or not....

But, without a doubt, it was the greatest amount of pain I have ever experienced in my life.

Turn Off Ads?