Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Worst Pain You've Ever Felt

Re: Worst Pain You've Ever Felt

True story time.

Back in college my roomate and I got into a argument over some baseball trivia. I got out my (hardback) edition of the Guinness Book of World Records to prove my point (I don't remember what the question was). Anyway, he got ticked off about being proven wrong, so he took the (hardback) edition of the Guinness Book of World Records and smashed me in the face with it, shattering my nose.

Now to the funny part.

After the cops had left, I was still bleeding like a stuck pig, so I was walking the two blocks to the campus medical center was located when a car pulled next to me. The fellow behind the wheel put his window down, looked at me (including all the blood on my white shirt) paused, then asked me where the performing arts center was on campus. While holding my nose shut I, being the nut that I am, went on to tell him exactly how to get where he wanted to go.

He never even asked if I was ok.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I remembered another one.

In second grade, I made fun of some kid for having a girlfriend. Apparently that didn't sit so well with him because he waited until I went to get a drink from the water fountain and slammed my head down into it.

Ripped my gums off of my teeth. Ouch.

Dude, that reminds me, when I was in 4th grade or so, I got into a fist fight with another kid over something or other. I miscalculated a little because I was wearing my headgear at the time.

Dude punched me right in the face, with my headgear on.

Loosened ever single tooth I had.

eek

I stepped on a pork chop bone when I was 5 and had to have it cut out of my foot at the ER.
    School's out. What did you expect?

My 1st year of high school I was walking into the gym for P.E. I had my books in one hand and my P.E. clothes in the other. I rounded the corner of the bleachers and....POW...I get hit in the forehead/bridge of nose with a baseball bat. I saw it coming but I could not do anything about it, my hands were full with books and shorts. The guy did not do it on purpose, but he was always in trouble with the law and at school. He was just goofing off swinging the bat.

One of my best friends, heard someone screaming while he was in class, but just thought some poor kid was getting paddled.

As I was falling to the ground, I actually could already see the swelling. I swear. I looked like Frankinstine(sp?) within seconds. I never passed out, just remember screaming.

Everyone came to look at me on the gym floor. Principals, teachers, even the Superintendent. My father was a judge at the time, and they must of told him it was pretty bad because he came into the gym in his black robe. My dad who is just a little "old school," said when the ambulance came, " he's fine, he talking ok, I'll just take him home." No x-rays, no pain pills...nothing. To make matters worse, school pictures were 2 days later. I looked like Cher's kid in the "Mask." Seriously.

5 years later, while I was in college, my dad called me out of the blue. He said, " Hey do you remember that punk who hit you in the head with the baseball bat?" I said, "uh...Randy C.?" He said, "ya, that's the turd....I just sent him to prison for 5 years. Just thought you would like to know."
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Since I've only had two surgeries in my entire life (both teeth being pulled and I was put under that) - the only worse pain that I felt was on a monthly basis (cramps)! That was before I found Midol with IB - which is the best thing since sliced bread.

Before that I would pray for the weekend to start my cycle so I wouldn't miss school or later work. If it didn't happen on the weekend I would be immobilized for at least 2 hours in the nurse's office or at work in a empty office, usually in a fetal position, rocking side to side and sometimes (though I don't remember) people would say that I would talk out of my head. The weapon of choice was usually just regular Midol, then Tylenol, then Midol Maximum Strength (which had a enough caffeine in one pill of 2 cups of coffee - and I would take 2 pills every 4 hours- I was wired).

With all the downside of menopause, it can't come soon enough for me...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Once in gym class, one of the larger students (chubby rather than tall) flet his leg go out on him while he was running and couldn't get up. The teacher of course said "walk it off". Turned out he broke his leg.
    Gym class teachers are often stupid. We were forced to do tumbling over classmated lying on the floor when I was in grade school. I ran. I leapt. And I landed on my neck. I couldn't move or breathe for about 20 seconds. All I got in support was, "Hey, you're all right! Just walk it off."

Stupid people suck.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

My sophmore year in high school, im a senior now, I got cheap shotted in a JV game and tore my MCL, ACL, Carteledge (SP?), Miniscis, and broke my femur, all at once. Trying to stand up, and my leg just giving out was the worst pain ever.

2nd is having my Appendix rupture inside me, 45 mins before I was going into surgery.
    Let's make some noise!

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Spiral obilique break of the humerus. Completely shattered.

Pitching a baseball.

Slider. 0-2 count. 5th inning. Two outs. Shutout in progess.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Dude, that reminds me, when I was in 4th grade or so, I got into a fist fight with another kid over something or other. I miscalculated a little because I was wearing my headgear at the time.

Dude punched me right in the face, with my headgear on.

Loosened ever single tooth I had.

eek
    sounds like you need some self defense classes

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Girls.

Waking up one day with MAJOR anxiety and not being able to sleep for about a week. Something went wrong with my head and I went from the happiest person alive to seriously just wanting to sleep forever ha. I finally got some medical help but I'm still not 100% the same. It's been about 9 months but I'm still not completely over it. I wake up every morning with a twinge of anxiety or something in my stomach that I can't explain. It's the weirdest thing to explain and the feeling is PAIN. Not having control of your brain or happiness is the worst pain I've ever had, bar none.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2nd grade, playing on the playground at recess. I was riding one of those merry-go-round things were kids can push it 90 bazillion mph. Somehow my leg got caught in a support, torqued it around, and busted my femur clean in half. Sticking out of the skin and everything.

Gym teacher comes over, looks, and carries me into the nurses office. Nurse calls my mom to come get me. Mom is at the hairdresser so it takes a while to get a hold of her. While I'm laying there going into shock. My mom can't carry me, so I have to walk from the nurses office to the car, and then from the car to the ER door. With a completely busted leg and big bone sticking out of my leg. Probably wasn't till 2 houts later did I get medical care.

Nowadays, they'd immobilize my leg on the playground, call an ambulance, helicopters, national guard, etc etc. Then (1959), they treated it like a skinned knee. I've broken bones since, but that leg and subsequent walking around on it was the worst pain I've ever felt. Plus I was a little kid.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

2nd grade, playing on the playground at recess. I was riding one of those merry-go-round things were kids can push it 90 bazillion mph. Somehow my leg got caught in a support, torqued it around, and busted my femur clean in half. Sticking out of the skin and everything.
    Roy, you just made me squirm. Ouch, ouch, ouch. In fact, ouch isn't a big enough word.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Roy, you just made me squirm. Ouch, ouch, ouch. In fact, ouch isn't a big enough word.
    Me too. Lunch is now on hold.

I've had lower back problems for 20 years or more and one day, I had so much pain that I was laying on the couch screaming. It was so bad, I had to crawl to the phone to call 911.

They kept giving me shots in the back at the hospital and none of the painkillers worked.

When I got back home, all I could do was lay in the fetal position to try to get some relief. It took 5 weeks of seeing the chiropractor three days a week for it to get better.

Over the years, I've had a dislocated thumb, a broken nose and a few other assorted injuries but I have never had pain like that and I hope I never have it again..

Turn Off Ads?