Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Pain You've Ever Felt

Re: Worst Pain You've Ever Felt

When I was a fireman I once made a run where a guy had been using a belt sander. It slipped and ran into his thigh, biting into his skin through his pants. About three inches of skin was caught between the belt roller and the housing. We had to take him to the ER with the belt sander attached to his thigh. Now, I made a lot of runs and saw some pretty egregious stuff, but nothing struck me as being any more painful than that.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reading this thread has put me in pain. Gee,you guys have been through it. I can't say anything that can come close to most of these. Probably mine would be turning my ankle really bad and it swelling to about the size of a basketball. But that's a piece of cake compared to your colon trying come up your body.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Man Pills

I've had broken bones, terrible gastro pain, but the worst by far is an abscessed tooth. Nightmare.

Brush your teeth, kids.

Heading full speed down a steep hill on a bike, my foot got caught in the spokes of the front wheel. When the caught foot met the fork, the front wheel stopped. The momementum sent the back of the bike -- and me -- flying. I landed a block away, on my elbow, cracking it. It was late at night. Yes, I was drunk.

Getting it fixed would've meant telling my folks, I was still a dependent at 19 and covered by the Marine Corps.

So I lived in denial for five days, going to my job at the movie theater where I slung popcorn, wincng in pain every time, as my arm swelled up like Popeye and turned a purplish green color.

Finally, I had to show her the arm. She flipped.

I still have the pins they drove in my arm with a hammer.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

The passing of my Dad, which has been 10 years ago this past Christmas.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

A drunken grocery cart race down Warner ave.- I was pushing, running behind the thing as fast as I could go. We hit something, a crack in the pavement, a homeless guy, I don't know. The cart stopped, I kept going right into the handle, just below belt high if you know what I mean. There was some serious swelling and bruising the next morning.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Couple of years ago a guy jumped my best friend and sliced his throat. I ran over and knocked the guy. While trying to minimize the amount of blood pouring out of his neck while waiting for the ambulance, the guy came back and stabbed me in the back six times and once in the back of the head.

Rough couple of months followed. Blade nicked a vertebra, punctured a lung. All kind of staples and stitches. Whoever said earlier that having a chest tube removed wasn't joking. Apparently there's no gentle way to do it. They just kind of yank it out of your lung. On the plus side, I have a sweet looking scar on the back of my head.

P.S.: My buddy's fine today. He died in the ambulance and hospital a couple of times. Paramedics and police said I his life, so I guess I'm pretty awesome.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    Couple of years ago a guy jumped my best friend and sliced his throat. I ran over and knocked the guy. While trying to minimize the amount of blood pouring out of his neck while waiting for the ambulance, the guy came back and stabbed me in the back six times and once in the back of the head.

Rough couple of months followed. Blade nicked a vertebra, punctured a lung. All kind of staples and stitches. Whoever said earlier that having a chest tube removed wasn't joking. Apparently there's no gentle way to do it. They just kind of yank it out of your lung. On the plus side, I have a sweet looking scar on the back of my head.

P.S.: My buddy's fine today. He died in the ambulance and hospital a couple of times. Paramedics and police said I his life, so I guess I'm pretty awesome.
    I think we have a winner.
    Witty signature.

Whoever said earlier that having a chest tube removed wasn't joking. Apparently there's no gentle way to do it. They just kind of yank it out of your lung.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Did they catch the guy who did it?

What were the circumstances?

What sort of punishment did he get?

That is extremely scary stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Stat geek...and proud

Holy crap dude! You're the man.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Did they catch the guy who did it?

What were the circumstances?

What sort of punishment did he get?

That is extremely scary stuff.
    Caught the guy who did it a couple hours later.

Ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend. Really flipped out. We were leaving a party in an apartment complex. My buddy probably didn't even see the guy coming. Happened really fast. He doesn't remember anything from the night, or a couple weeks before for that matter. Just a weird, dangerous, jealous guy I guess.

He went to jail. Don't know if he's still in. I think his name was Paul something.

Scary stuff indeed.

I wonder if they charged him with attempted murder? Certainly sounds as though his intent was to kill you guys.

When did this happen?
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

I guess this was a little over three years ago. Yeah, I'm pretty sure they charged him with attempted murder. I'd have to google the old newspaper articles to be sure.

Damn, pretty recently then!!

Glad you're okay, buddy.
    Last edited by WMR; 02-05-2008 at 10:55 PM.

Turn Off Ads?