Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Worst Pain You've Ever Felt

Re: Worst Pain You've Ever Felt

I asked him, he said four years ago. My bad.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    I asked him, he said four years ago. My bad.
    That guy still hasta be in prison. Surely.

Good thing about Florida courts: they don't play around with sentencing.

Lets see pictures of the scar GR

Seriously, glad you guys came out ok, what a nut job
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I've had broken bones, terrible gastro pain, but the worst by far is an abscessed tooth. Nightmare.

Brush your teeth, kids.
    Absolutely. I once had three at one time. I no longer have any of my original teeth. Got the 18 that were left pulled because I just kept having problems, a lot of which there was nothing I could do about. The dentist hurried through it and I wound up with dentures that a guy made that looked like they came out of a horse's mouth. They were so big and my mouth so sore I couldn't take my pain medicine for the first 36 hours. FCB is right. Please take care of your teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Lets see pictures of the scar GR
    Scars really aren't as bad as you'd think. It was just a pocket knife or something. No slashes, small blade. Just look like little lines on my back.

The one on the back of my head is the only one that's really cool looking. Just the kind of scar on the back of the head that doesn't allow hair doesn't grow. I think it looks cool.

Back pain since June this summer. As a golf coach, I thought I'd pulled a muscle, or, maybe, had some sort of weird back thing. Turned out I had a giant cell tumor that had eaten through my T-2 vertebra, almost severing my spinal column.

A cage in place of the vertebra and a couple titanium rods on each side of my spinal column later, I felt okay.

But, in order to put in the cage, the surgeon had to slice off two ribs and spread the others. Nine total ribs cracked or bruised plus the two cut out.

Couldn't breathe properly for three months.

Two weeks ago, my lower extremities went all numb yet again and they had to re-affix the cage on my spinal column. Turns out the tumor is extremely aggressive and grew back in just over six weeks.

At least this time they didn't mess with my ribs, which just healed two weeks ago.

Worst pain ever.

Holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Back pain since June this summer. As a golf coach, I thought I'd pulled a muscle, or, maybe, had some sort of weird back thing. Turned out I had a giant cell tumor that had eaten through my T-2 vertebra, almost severing my spinal column.

A cage in place of the vertebra and a couple titanium rods on each side of my spinal column later, I felt okay.

But, in order to put in the cage, the surgeon had to slice off two ribs and spread the others. Nine total ribs cracked or bruised plus the two cut out.

Couldn't breathe properly for three months.

Two weeks ago, my lower extremities went all numb yet again and they had to re-affix the cage on my spinal column. Turns out the tumor is extremely aggressive and grew back in just over six weeks.

At least this time they didn't mess with my ribs, which just healed two weeks ago.

Worst pain ever.
    Umm...that's horrible! Do the Doctors think they got it this time around?
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

This thread has made me feel like a real pansy.

:knocks on wood:

God, that sounds terrible.

I'm waiting for a woman to pop into this thread to talk about childbirth.

I've not experienced anything like the pain on this thread (some of which has actually made me a little dizzy). The worst pain I ever had probably resulted from a fainting episode. I faint a few times a year on average and have fallen in all kinds of unseemly ways. The nice (and extremely weird) thing about fainting is that you can have the crap beaten out of you while you faint and never feel a thing. I've fallen into tables, burnt my hand, sprained an ankle, you name it.

But one time I was in a doctors office and had blood taken -- just a little finger prick, so I thought I might not faint. Wrong. The nurse left and I started to feel dizzy, which made me make the extremely stupid decision to try to put my head down to get some blood to it. Problematically, I was sitting on an examining table. I woke up and had no idea where I was, which is always the case when you come to after fainting, but then the next thing I realized was that my entire head felt like it was splitting apart and I had blood all over me. I had fallen head-first (and full-force, since when you're fainting you have nothing to break your fall) on the sink counter and somehow also scraped off the entire center of my face on the carpet. I had a concussion, a chipped tooth, and due to all the missing skin down the center of my face, I also looked like Hitler for two months. Very unsightly. Extremely painful. My whole body felt like it had been hit like a truck.

So, worst pain ever for me. Relatively speaking, though, kid stuff. I've been very lucky.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

As a kid, I took a fastball to the bridge of my nose. It shattered my nose and made for a bad day, but it's still nothing like some of the stories shared in this thread.
    Last edited by paintmered; 02-05-2008 at 11:17 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Oh, I also got hit by a bus once. I was the dumbflip American looking the wrong way down the street in England. But actually, that didn't hurt too badly. The bus wasn't going very fast.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Oh, I also got hit by a bus once. I was the dumbflip American looking the wrong way down the street in England. But actually, that didn't hurt too badly. The bus wasn't going very fast.
    So you're the reason why they have "Look right ---->" painted on the roads in London?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?