Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FYI: Joe Blanton

FYI: Joe Blanton

Didn't see it listed elsewhere but FWIW--Paul Daugherty on WLW said about an hour ago his sources are telling him the Reds are seriously pursuing Joe Blanton.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: FYI: Joe Blanton

I dont know if I believe much out of Pauls mouth to be true.

This is great news if true.He is a young stud that would be the #2 guy here pushing Arroyo to #3.He is a local guy who played for UK and is a great pitcher.I know some here will say they hate it but I love it.I know his roads splits arent great but he is a good pitcher no matter what his splits say.

I think saying Blanton would be a 2 here might be pushing it.

I dont even know if I would consider him a stud. Hes a quality pitcher but he also could be eaten alive moving away from Oaklnad.

Sam Lecure, Chris Dickerson, and Carlos Fisher or a deal involving similar prospects would make me happy.

What were his exact words?

I would like a deal like that but don't give up the big FIVE.

No specifics other than basically what I said before..just that his sources say the Reds are pursuing Blanton--no other names mentioned

I see him as a more experienced Matt Belisle.

Jeff Keppinger seems like a Billy Beane type player. Maybe he could be part of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    No specifics other than basically what I said before..just that his sources say the Reds are pursuing Blanton--no other names mentioned
    I only ask because with Doc he tends to say things then retract them by saying he was just speculating

Blanton would be another starter that can throw 200 innings, which is a must if Reds want to contend this year. Doesn't walk a bunch of guys, which seems to be a good attribute for a pitcher in a HR park. GB to FB ratio looks much better than other Reds starters, another plus in HR park. Entering Prime age for pitchers. Assuming Bedard goes to Seattle, Blanton looks like next best option.

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG View Post
    I would like a deal like that but don't give up the big FIVE.
    Who is the fifth player of the 5? I know who the big four are.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

I could see something like Belisle, Dickerson, Stubbs, and Valika(sp) getting the trade done.I would make that trade everyday of the week.

Probably including Volquez

Turn Off Ads?