Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Batman:The Dark Knight

Re: Batman:The Dark Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Took my son to see this today. He liked it and I didn't. IMHO: Bale's "Batman voice" is silly, the "Batman should be apprehended" plot thread was pointless and the film is just too darn long.
    I actually felt the same way about Batman being hunted. I couldn't figure out why they were doing that. Batman would take the blame for killing cops because he didn't want people to lose hope when the "strongest one" turned evil. But wouldn't they lose hope if they thought that Batman would kill the most prominent crime fighter in the DA's office? (Or were they going to say that Batman killed the cops but not Dent?) It seems as though they could have said Dent suffered brain damage from the attempt on his life, killed dirty cops, then did himself in.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Am I the only one that is just finding out about this?

Chris Nolan has lifted the veil off his third Batman film. He has set Anne Hathaway to play Selina Kyle, who has a double identity as Catwoman. Nolan has also acknowledged that his Inception star Tom Hardy will play the villain role of Bane...
    http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/anne...-knight-rises/

Can't say I'm too thrilled about bringing back Catwoman and I think that Hathaway is decent as a Romantic Comedy actress but I don't know about her being in a serious movie....

Here is Tom Hardy as Charles Bronson from the movie Bronson. Looks like he could pull off Bane pretty well.

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

She was pretty good in Brokeback Mountain...as a serious actress.

Retired

A lot of people were skeptical that Ledger could pull off the Joker when Nolan gave hiim that role, and he did.

At this point I would give him the benefit of the doubt on Hathaway. If he thinks she can play the part, she probably can.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Can't say I'm too thrilled about bringing back Catwoman and I think that Hathaway is decent as a Romantic Comedy actress but I don't know about her being in a serious movie....
    Whether or not Hathaway will be a good fit for the role of catwoman remains to be seen but she was phenomenally good in Rachel Getting Married, which is about as serious of a role as one can get.

Retired

I bet she's going to look fantastic in that cat suit.

One thing to remember about Bane - he is not the same as in the Batman and Robin movie. Bane is highly intelligent and the venom makes him impossibly strong (not superman strong but Nolan's world strong). He can match wits with Batman and it will be interseting to see which direction Nolan takes him.

Has it been mentioned in here that Nolan has also taken over the Superman franchise? Not directing (Zack Synder is who he chose to direct) but he is producing and he and his brother and Goyer are penning it. Sadly, he has already ruled out any crossovers and I imagine its because he feels Superman is out of place in the Batman world he has created. Its a shame though because the Superman/Batman dynamic and friendship is truly a great thing.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

These are two incredibly boring villians for me. Ann Hathaway has the eerie ability to cloud men's minds. Don't get it at all.

Well besides the Joker...I think most of Batman's villans...the well known ones...all are easy to ridicule or look very campy. The Penguin was always hard to take seriously, the Riddler was almost another form of the Joker but less dark.

I trust Nolan. Personally, I've always wanted to see Talia (and her father), but this is okay. Better than Killer Croc or Clayface.

Love the idea of Clayface and think a movie built around him as a villain would be awesome. Croc could also be good, assuming Nolan downplays the tail and scales and plays up the Circus Freak angle.

I'm hoping someone gives Christian Bale a throat lozenge.

I thought the Dark Knight hinted at the existence of Superman. Something about a boy scout?
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I'm hoping someone gives Christian Bale a throat lozenge.

I thought the Dark Knight hinted at the existence of Superman. Something about a boy scout?
    I think that was the previous generation of Batman movies. Probably the one with George Clooney, I believe the quote was "This is why Superman works alone."
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I think that was the previous generation of Batman movies. Probably the one with George Clooney, I believe the quote was "This is why Superman works alone."
    I remember that one. tried to burn it from my memory though. Guess I'll have to watch the Dark Knight again.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Not sure if this is official or not...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?