Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman:The Dark Knight

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Batman:The Dark Knight

Soemthing else I want to give the movie Dap for: finally portraying Batman as a real crime fighter and detective.

That is one of my favorite aspects of the Batman character and it was finally on full display here -- with the radioactive tracing of marked money for helping the police investigation to ballistics testing on recovered shells from the crime scene.

I loved it.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Harvey Dent died a hero.

Two Face is still very much alive.

For the record, if you want to post spoilers to the movie, the best way is to highlight the text and set the color to white. That way if people want to read on, you can highlight the text.

BTW, I do agree with Raisor. The movie has been out for a week now. If you haven't seen the movie and don't want to be spoiled, it might be best to stop reading this thread now.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Just saw it. Wow.

What a performance by Aaron Eckhart. He was on parallel with Heath IMO. Undoubtedly the best superhero movie ever, and the best film I had seen in probably 5 years.

Just wow.
    Witty signature.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer View Post
    Harvey Dent died a hero.

Two Face is still very much alive.
    The novelization says that Harvey breaks his neck and DIES.

Well, that pretty much ends that debate.
    Witty signature.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I saw it tonight finally. Liked it a lot. Eckhart and Ledger were both amazing in their roles. I really really hate the voice that Bale uses when he's in the Batman character though. And Maggie Gyllenhall is no Katie Holmes, but I enjoyed the movie anyway

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    I saw it tonight finally. Liked it a lot. Eckhart and Ledger were both amazing in their roles. I really really hate the voice that Bale uses when he's in the Batman character though. And Maggie Gyllenhall is no Katie Holmes, but I enjoyed the movie anyway
    Oldman was great too. I think he was pretty damn close to the Gordon in the comic books.

The whole cast was overall amazing (except Maggie she just seemed ackward the whole time).

Thank God Steves Gone

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Batman has to use that voice or others his true identity will come out.. Hes the Prince of the city and has a very recognizable voice.. Everryone knows his voice and therefor would know his true identity..

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post

HARVEY dies.

And regardless of nitpicking identities, it's the novelization. They aren't going to spoil a possible surprise saved for the next movie. They are going to write in words what the visuals in the film lead us to suspect. That he is dead. But until I see a body in a casket and that casket lowered into the ground, Harvey Two Face is very much creeping about.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post

Actually it doesn't.

I'm sure that the original plan was for Dent to die. But the actual film is vague enough that they can bring him back.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

So do they bring back the Penguin?

They call me "chef"

Depends what Danny DeVito is up to these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Soemthing else I want to give the movie Dap for: finally portraying Batman as a real crime fighter and detective.

That is one of my favorite aspects of the Batman character and it was finally on full display here -- with the radioactive tracing of marked money for helping the police investigation to ballistics testing on recovered shells from the crime scene.

I loved it.

Yes, definitely. My first thought when the movie finished was that this was Batman the way he is supposed to be. In addition I thought the movie was basically film noir (with explosions), which is a good thing in my book.

I will say that Nolan has a more positive view of human nature than I do (re the Ferry scene).
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    So do they bring back the Penguin?
    According to the IMDB trivia section for Dark Knight, Bob Hoskins had been strongly considered for the roll until Nolan deemed the character too unrealistic for the film he was making.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    According to the IMDB trivia section for Dark Knight, Bob Hoskins had been strongly considered for the roll until Nolan deemed the character too unrealistic for the film he was making.
    Maybe too unrealistic in the way he was portrayed by Tim Burton, but really he's always been kind of the no-brainer baddie for a more realistic Batman.

He's one of the few super-villains in comics that has no superpowers, no really cheesy gimmicks, and isn't motivated by having a screw loose somewhere. He just has a funny look to him and prefers being a high-class criminal. His "costume" is formal dress (nice suit, bow tie, cane), and his mannerisms are just a little quirky.

You could EASILY do a Penguin in Nolan's Batman world, IMO.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?