Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman:The Dark Knight

Re: Batman:The Dark Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Maybe too unrealistic in the way he was portrayed by Tim Burton, but really he's always been kind of the no-brainer baddie for a more realistic Batman.

He's one of the few super-villains in comics that has no superpowers, no really cheesy gimmicks, and isn't motivated by having a screw loose somewhere. He just has a funny look to him and prefers being a high-class criminal. His "costume" is formal dress (nice suit, bow tie, cane), and his mannerisms are just a little quirky.

You could EASILY do a Penguin in Nolan's Batman world, IMO.
    They wouldn't even have to call him "Penguin", just Cobblepot, Gotham's new crime boss.

2. Turn Off Ads?

For the record, Youtube videos are out for the Dark Knight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjYNpE_xxzo

Best scene in the movie. For those who don't want to be spoiled, DO NOT WATCH.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

GREAT MOVIE! saw it on IMAX and my 11 year old daughter had no problems with the movie. really looking forward to a batman 3!
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Saw it this weekend. VERY good movie. Without going all "Peanut Gallery," I saw a lot of coorelation between themes in the movie and current debates in real life. Interesting stuff.

Good movie but over hyped. Heath Ledger was good as the Joker but again his performance was way over hyped. I would have been better had it been about 20 minutes shorter IMO.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Good movie but over hyped. Heath Ledger was good as the Joker but again his performance was way over hyped. I would have been better had it been about 20 minutes shorter IMO.
    Well, you pretty much agree with about 1% of the movie going public.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I agree as well. Good maybe great, but certainly not "greatest ever."

They call me "chef"

Greatest ever tag requires time and history to enter the equation so we'll see how this movie holds up 15-20 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Well, you pretty much agree with about 1% of the movie going public.
    I guess that makes me an independent thinker.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Who the heck said it was the greatest.....I compare it to what's been out in the last few years and the type of movie it is....and what you usually get from tehse movies...and it is the best I have seen in a good while.

But you know....just like anything that is this talked about...people are going to get a little tired of it and say what's the big deal.

Yeah. I've even run into a couple of people who are revelling in criticizing it. I thought it was fantastic. It held my attention for the full time period, explored deeper themes, didn't descend into campiness, and featured stellar writing, acting, and direction. Most of all, they got Batman right as far as I'm concerned. Maybe the best comic book movie I've seen.

Having said that, it was the second-best movie I saw last week. I finally got around to seeing No Country for Old Men on DVD, and I thought it was excellent.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I haven't heard it labelled as "the greatest movie ever." However, I have heard it discussed as possibly "the best superhero movie ever." That's a label I would have a hard time faulting.

I was always a Marvel Comics kid and never read Batman, but the recent Marvel adaptations aren't nearly as good as "The Dark Knight" IMO. The writing alone was light years ahead of any recent Marvel adaptation, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    Most of all, they got Batman right as far as I'm concerned. Maybe the best comic book movie I've seen.
    I watched Batman Begins the other day, and it's a darn good portrayal as well. It doesn't have Heath Ledger, but it's a great origin story.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Batman Begins was simply fantastic and IMO did the best job at trying to capture Kane's original character of Batman "The Dark Knight".

A friend told me they reported on ET that they are already planning the next Batman movie, and that they've signed Johnny Depp as the Riddler. They are still scouting for the Penguin character.

Anyone heard any more on this?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Batman Begins was simply fantastic and IMO did the best job at trying to capture Kane's original character of Batman "The Dark Knight".

A friend told me they reported on ET that they are already planning the next Batman movie, and that they've signed Johnny Depp as the Riddler. They are still scouting for the Penguin character.

Anyone heard any more on this?
    Apparently all rumors.

link

More Batman Rumors: Depp as The Riddler, Hoffman as The Penguin
    I think we're going to see a few more of these rumors over the next few months, but could you imagine if all of them are real? First it was Angelina Jolie for Catwoman and now London's Daily Telegraph says Warner Bros. is eyeing Johnny Depp for The Riddler and Philip Seymour Hoffman for The Penguin as key villains in the next Batman movie.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?