Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Batman:The Dark Knight

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Batman:The Dark Knight

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I think that was the previous generation of Batman movies. Probably the one with George Clooney, I believe the quote was "This is why Superman works alone."
    There was also a reference to Metropolis in one of them, but I can't remember which one.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    There was also a reference to Metropolis in one of them, but I can't remember which one.
    In one of Nolan's Batmans?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    These are two incredibly boring villians for me. Ann Hathaway has the eerie ability to cloud men's minds. Don't get it at all.
    I agree. Some of these villains (like Bane) are well after my comic book reading days.

I remember Clayface, but I would have liked to have seen them do an extension of Two-Face, but they already killed him off.

You also have Solomon Grundy

I thought DeVito did an excellent Penguin.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I agree. Some of these villains (like Bane) are well after my comic book reading days.

I remember Clayface, but I would have liked to have seen them do an extension of Two-Face, but they already killed him off.
    Did he actually get killed off? I remember one of the movies ending with him in a hospital room laughing his head off but I don't remember any mention of him after that.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 01-31-2011 at 05:51 AM.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    I trust Nolan. Personally, I've always wanted to see Talia (and her father), but this is okay.
    That would have been the direction I would have gone as well -- killing Ras off the way they did annoyed me greatly.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

but I would have liked to have seen them do an extension of Two-Face, but they already killed him off.
    Dent fell off the building, but we don't know for sure that he was killed. This is supposedly the last Nolan Batman film, so it's probably moot.

Bane, in the comics, is actually a very interesting character. Yeah he's a big strong guy, but he's also very smart, and for lack of a better word, "crafty".

Nolan has my trust.

Didn't Bane break Batman's back? Boy, wouldn't that be an interesting way (cliffhanger) to end this movie. ;
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Didn't Bane break Batman's back? Boy, wouldn't that be an interesting way (cliffhanger) to end this movie. ;

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I hated the "Knightfall" storyline -- I think it'd be even worse if they tried to cram it into a 150 minute film.

Come to think of it, I think Bane might be my least favorite Bat-nemesis. Would have much rather seen a re-imagining of the Penguin instead.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni7380494/

Joseph Gordon-Levitt also added to the cast. His role hasn't been released, but the speculation is he will be The Riddler.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    http://www.imdb.com/news/ni7380494/

Joseph Gordon-Levitt also added to the cast. His role hasn't been released, but the speculation is he will be The Riddler.
    Ok well get Leonardo DiCaprio and the Juno girl and they can go ahead and get the ending to Inception knocked out as well.

I think Gordon-Levitt is a terrific actor seems like a lot to deal with in one movie though. I trust Nolan as others above has said, but I hope he didn't bite off more than he can chew.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I've read what is being said to be a leaked copy of the script for this movie, and if what I read is the movie they end up making, then this will be very interesting, and the casting of the movie's main villain would not have even been announced yet.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Also, there's speculation that Darren Aronofsky will pick up the franchise after Nolan's done.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Also, there's speculation that Darren Aronofsky will pick up the franchise after Nolan's done.
    That I would love to see.

I liked Nolan's Batman, but didn't love it like many did. His dialogue is terrible, and I hated the Batman voice, among many other problems I had with his movies so far. He clearly is the best Batman director so far, but that's not saying much.

I think Aronofsky is the best young director out there. He does insane better than anyone, so I would love to see his take on the villains.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post

I think Aronofsky is the best young director out there. He does insane better than anyone, so I would love to see his take on the villains.
    Aronofsky has said he's already written a hard R rated Batman script that doesn't include any recognizable villains, simply crime fighting.

Turn Off Ads?