Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman:The Dark Knight

Senor Votto

Re: Batman:The Dark Knight

2. Turn Off Ads?

Picture of Two Face:

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Senor Votto

Heath Ledger is AMAZING as the Joker.

New TV spot for The Dark Knight:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY_HRmQzUIo

Here's a scene from the Dark Knight that show's some of Two Face:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wgwZuXA6UA

I'm usually a pretty pessimistic guy when it comes to movie hype - a lot of times, a movie will be so overhyped before it even comes out, it will inevitably be a huge letdown.
    This is especially true for sequels, most of which cannot come anywhere near the movie it preceded. This is especially true for remakes, as most cannot hold a candle to the original.

I do not believe Dark Knight will see the same fate. I have not been this psyched for a movie since...well, honestly, I cannot remember the last time I was so excited to see a movie. The mystic surrounding the movie because of Ledger will be tremendous - and his portrayal of The Joker will top off a tragic life.
    But, the amount of secrecy behind the job they have done on Eckhart has been remarkable - while Ledger's Joker has been shoved down our throats, Eckhart's Two Face seems to have been shrouded in forgotfulness. I just gotta feeling he might end up stealing a few scenes.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

The first review is in and it's a doozy.

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/...he_dark_knight

They call me "chef"

Best. Movie. Ever.

Wow.
    OK, the quality was not that great (Seinfeld should have done the work on that one), but wow.
    Fichtner is one of my favorite actors - I didn't even know he was in this flick.

8 out of 8 positive reviews so far on Rottentomatoes.com

I already bought my tickets. Lots of Oscar buzz on this. I can't wait!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

The geeks over at superherohype.com say that this is the truest interpretation of Bob Kane's Joker. Makes Jack Nicholson's look flat out dumb.

A villian who prefers a knife because it's "more personal"

How macabre!
    Witty signature.

Senor Votto

Los Angeles (E! Online) - Just call him the Crack of Dawn Knight.

Movie theaters are adding 6 a.m. opening-day showings of The Dark Knight to meet demand created by sold-out midnight and 3 a.m. screenings.

"It's normal for movies like to this start at midnight," says Chad Hartigan, a box office analyst for Exhibitor Relations Co.

But 6 a.m. screenings?

"That's not normal," Hartigan says.

There are no hard numbers for how many theaters will stay open as the witching hour turns to the rise-and-shine hour at 6 a.m. on July 18, when The Dark Knight debuts. Overall, Hartigan says he expects the movie to play at 3,800-3,900 theaters during its opening weekend.

According to Ted Hong, vice president of marketing for the online ticket service Fandango, the unusual 6 a.m. show times are indicators of unusually strong interest.

"The Dark Knight is our fastest selling film in wide release this year," Hong says. "It trumps Iron Man, Sex and the City, Indiana Jones [and] WALL-E at the same point in their sales cycles—and it's even outpacing last year's Spider-Man 3 and Pirates [of the Caribbean: At World's End]."

Per Fandango, The Dark Knight will bow dark and extremely early in midnight showings on more than 1,500 screens. (Fandango and E! Online are both owned by Comcast.)

The service says "many" of those 12 a.m. screenings are sold out in cities both expected (New York, the model for Batman's troubled Gotham City) and not (Boise, Idaho; Council Bluffs, Iowa; etc.). MovieTickets.com, another online ticketing service, reported a total of 140 Dark Knight sell-outs as of today.

In a summer led by the $311 million-grossing Iron Man, The Dark Knight has been regarded as the blockbuster to beat. A sequel to Christopher Nolan's hit franchise reboot, Batman Begins, the new movie is receiving ecstatic early reviews—Variety called it "enthralling"—and Oscar buzz for the late Heath Ledger for his performance as the seriously unhinged Joker.

As early as two weeks ago, three weeks before the July 18 debut, Fandango was reporting "dozens" of premiere-night sell-outs. As of 10 a.m. this morning, still a good eight days before B-Day, The Dark Knight was accounting for 51 percent of all tickets sold by the service. At MovieTickets.com, the film was doing more business than six of that company's Top 10 all-time hits, including The Passion of the Christ and the second Star Wars prequel, Attack of the Clones.

Says Hong: "All indicators point to [next Thursday] as a very busy night at theaters across the country."

I just watched it. It's a very good movie, but I wouldn't call it Oscar-worthy.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I just watched it. It's a very good movie, but I wouldn't call it Oscar-worthy.
    Without spoiling us. How was Ledger in the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Without spoiling us. How was Ledger in the movie?
    He kills Batman at the end.

But seriously, Ledger was amazing, imho. I think part of what made it so good was that it was so unexpected.

Turn Off Ads?