Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman:The Dark Knight

Re: Batman:The Dark Knight

It's a stunningly good movie. Perfect story. Incredibly acted. Sooooo much tension.

You knew Ledger was going to be great from the pencil scene. "see its gone"

2. Turn Off Ads?

This was a GREAT movie. And I know I'm beating the dead horse here, but I think Heath's performence in this was amazing! I don't think anyone could have been a better joker! My only question is what will they do with Heath now passed on?
    Let's make some noise!

absolutely great movie, maybe a tad long but awesome. as for the joker, I for one am glad that the joker was actually portrayed as a demented criminal that isn't an always smiling clown. ledger was tremendous. aaron eckhart was awesome and will make a tremendous two face. but im sure im not the only one that is glad the val kilmer/ george clooney batman movies are over. I saw one on TNT today, and honestly wanted to throw my shoe at the TV

Yeah, they wre replaying some of the older ones the last couple of days and it's hard to believe they're even the same franchise. They're just not good movies. This one is how these should be done. Everything from the directing to the acting to the filming is just at a completely different level with Dark Knight. I think Clooney was the worst of the batmen. He was just dreadful, IMO. And Arnold was about the worse villain ever. The ridiculous one liners from that movie (i.e. "everybody, chill") were almost insulting.

Can you imagine being the actor asked to step in and play the Joker after Ledger. i know I wouldn't do it.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I have to echo what everyone else in this thread has said. (Warning: a few spoilers here in my post in case there are still some that haven't seen it and don't want specifics ruined)

I'm not even a big Batman fan, nor am I a person that goes bananas over a movie after seeing it, but I can't stop thinking about it tonight. This movie, in my honest opinion (as a person that had zero expectations until finally being talked into watching "Batman Begins" just this week), was the absolute best movie I've ever seen.

Not hyperbole, I honestly feel that way.

I'll be honest, I thought a lot of the Oscar buzz about Heath Ledger's role was guided largely by sympathy. I hate to admit that, because it sounds shallow, and I always liked him as an actor, but I was afraid that was playing a part. No, the Oscar buzz is because he played, arguably the most complex role imaginable like a legend.

Given he had to be funny, witty, a sociopath and yet deadly scary at the same time, he 100 percent delivered. For many serious, dark movies like this one, the source of comic relief is usually from the heroes or the lead role because you run the risk of losing credibility or believability if it comes from your villains. Not in this case. Ledger was able to be the source of the comedy without losing an ounce of believability. You felt like he was a real bonafide psycho and while you found him humorous, it was not in a cheesy way - he was a guy that you'd be absolutely terrified to encounter in real life.

What a fantastic movie. Probably my favorite movie I've ever seen, and even if because of pre-conceived expectations it's not, I feel it's the "best." Such a subjective argument, but it had everything in a movie you could ask for.

Consider it was unlike all other "super hero" "comic" and "fantasy/fiction" type films - the "romance" interest dies, the hero becomes the villain and the villain lives and while scaring the bejeezus out of you, it's easy to catch yourself wanting to keep him alive. What a dynamic.

im with you, i think the kilmer and clooney batman were fare too cartoony....i mean there were neon lights everywhere in those "films." the two nolan films represent the comics far more than before. Batman is a twisted, dark character. Batman has issues other than just crime-solving....I might be a nerd, but I love how "realistic" the Batman movies have become

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    I saw it Friday night and enjoyed it but I just wanna see if I'm having hearing problems or anyone else had this issue..the theatre I saw it at had the volume up or the soundtrack of the movie is just loud..at times the soundtrack was just rediculously loud and i couldnt make out what the characters were saying at all..anyone else???
    I take it from the lack of response I am just going deaf....

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    I take it from the lack of response I am just going deaf....
    There were a few parts, especially the end dialogue with Batman and Gordon, that I couldn't make out every word. It caused some confusion exactly as to what was happening - I could get the gist of it, but I feel like I missed a few small nuances because of having that kind of problem.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

My sister and I saw it tonight (packed house -- on a Sunday night late show), and I just have to echo what everyone else has said: it was just a flat-out fantastic movie. It deserves every bit of the accolades that it is receiving. And, on that subject, I can't say enough about Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker. He simply disappeared in to the role and owned it from all sides, portraying someone as completely unhinged but still completely in control of the situations around him. It was brilliant, brilliant stuff.

I thought the movie reminded me more than a bit (in a good way) of "Se7en" with the complex and psychopathic scenarios dreamed up by the Joker. Not a lot of actors could've convincingly pulled this bit off the way Ledger was able to.

I really can't wait to see where they go from here. THIS movie is going to be a really tough act to follow.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I saw the noon showing Sunday and am still a bit numbed by it. Quite a remarkable movie.
    There were a couple of moments that could have been hints that Catwoman or The Riddler could be next.
    I thought all of the cast put in an excellent job. And Nolan...well, he's probably put himself up into the Peter Jackson level of directors with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    I saw the noon showing Sunday and am still a bit numbed by it. Quite a remarkable movie.
    There were a couple of moments that could have been hints that Catwoman or The Riddler could be next.
    I thought all of the cast put in an excellent job. And Nolan...well, he's probably put himself up into the Peter Jackson level of directors with that one.

For the next movie, assuming they don't use (highlight to read)Harvey Dent I'd just assume they stay away from the rest of Batman's rogues. I'd really like to see a "Gotham Central" movie, where the main POV is with Gordon and the cops. Batman would be there, of course, and be important, but it would really be Gordon's movie. That way, you could use someone like Riddler or Catwoman, but keep them way in the back.

Hard to really explain what I mean if you haven't read the Gotham Central series.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I'd really like to see a "Gotham Central" movie, where the main POV is with Gordon and the cops. Batman would be there, of course, and be important, but it would really be Gordon's movie. That way, you could use someone like Riddler or Catwoman, but keep them way in the back.

Hard to really explain what I mean if you haven't read the Gotham Central series.
    I really like that idea. I don't know anything about "Gotham Central" (my experience with Batman is 10% old movies, 90% the cartoon series from the early 90's), but it would be a great change of pace from the typical superhero flick model of big hero v. superbaddie that we seem to get in every comic movie. There might be a minor audiance revolt, though.

Jim Gordon is my favorite of the side characters in Nolans films, though. I think Oldman has been letter-perfect in the role, and I'd love to see an opportunity to let him really stretch his legs.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Currently ranked as the #1 movie of all-time on the IMDB. 46,000+ votes. 9.5 rating.

The rating will drop at some point, but it may hang in there and stay above The Godfather. We'll see.

I don't like comic book movies, but I'm really looking forward to seeing this.

It was a good movie, but ahead of The Godfather? Come on. I wouldn't even call it the best film of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    It was a good movie, but ahead of The Godfather? Come on. I wouldn't even call it the best film of the year.

That happens a lot. Some big time movie comes out like LOtR or Star Wars and all of a sudden it's at the top of the 250. Eventually it will drop down.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?