Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Usa Today Speculates On Blanton

Usa Today Speculates On Blanton

That Cincy would have to give up either Bailey or Cueto and another prospect. Let the A's keep him if that is the case!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Usa Today Speculates On Blanton

removed by moderator
    Last edited by Heath; 02-08-2008 at 08:39 AM.

Its all in the Blanton thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Its all in the Blanton thread
    I sure did not see it! Just that we were in on it, if I had seen it I would not have posted this!

See ya Homer, Doh! Make the josh darn deal. Make me believe in this team again!
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigredfan#1 View Post
    I sure did not see it! Just that we were in on it, if I had seen it I would not have posted this!
    well its all the same topic

Went back and scanned the whole post and not once did I see where someone mentioned and Bailey and Cueto were one of the prospects that the A's were asking for!

Bailey + a low level prospect for Blanton would be a great deal

Blanton would be controlled by the Reds for at least 3 more seasons (Bailey 5 more, I think). Blanton could rule in the NL, he is a GB pitcher that would work well in GABP

he is 6-2 VS the NL over the last 3 season

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Bailey + a low level prospect for Blanton would be a great deal

Blanton would be controlled by the Reds for at least 3 more seasons (Bailey 5 more, I think). Blanton could rule in the NL, he is a GB pitcher that would work well in GABP

he is 6-2 VS the NL over the last 3 season
    There is no way I give up Bailey for Blanton but we each are entitled to our own opinion.

Do NOT trade. I'd much rather see what Bailey blossoms into than have Blanton.

trade, who says bailey will be anything, pick up the known quantity, bailey pitched well vs. Oakland so maybe they will take less to get Bailey

NO WAY should the Reds include Bailey or Cueto in a deal for Blanton. If we were willing to give up either they should have been used to net Bedard or Haren, NOT Blanton. I'm not saying I wouldn't want Blanton in the rotation, but not at the expense of either of our two prized SP prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    If there is, let the mods do their job........ just as I would hope they would with your use of language...

The most I'd do for Blanton would be something centered on Maloney, and chances are, the A's wouldn't make that deal.

I would send one of Bailey,Cueto, or Votto but not two of and a couple B to B- prospects.I would also love to see them take Belisle back in a deal.Say we deal Votto,Belisle,and Stubbs for Blanton.Our rotation would be 1) Harang 2) Arroyo 3) Blanton 4) Volquez 5) Bailey with Cueto down in AAA ready to take someones place if need be.Also he could be a big chip for a end of July type trade.I say if we only have to give up one of the three do the deal but I wouldnt deal 2 of them for him and Im a big Blanton fan.

Turn Off Ads?