Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Movies you always wanted to see that dissapoint

Re: Movies you always wanted to see that dissapoint

I thought Airplane 2 was going to be good, but it really dissapointed. It had a lot of the same jokes as the first one.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

2. Turn Off Ads?

OK. I rented and watched No Country For Old Men this past weekend. As much as I enjoy the Coen brother's movies, I personally don't feel this was one of their best.

Was it a good movie? Yeah. But I personally don't think it was Oscar winning material.

And I didn't care for the ending one bit.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Across the Universe, it was hyped up too much by my friends and just fell short, and this is coming from a huge Beatles enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    First time I saw it, while I thought it was ok, I didn't understand what the fuss was about.

Second time I saw it, I thought "hey, this isn't that bad"

Third time, and it's the greatest thing ever.

I LOVE ND now, and have seen it a bunch. I couldn't tell you WHY I love it, but I do.
    I feel the same way about NP.

And Pulp Fiction. I didn't PF at all the first time I watched. Maybe because I had to watch it for a college English class. Anyhow, after two more viewings, I realized how awesome it really is. Very clever and very funny.

A movie I just saw that really disappointed me: There Will Be Blood. I absolutely hated it. It was very long and boring and almost pointless. What a waste of time and money. The acting was good, but that didn't help the fact that there was no plot. Awful movie.

I did, however, love No Country For Old Men. I didn't care for the ending much, but I was captivated for the entire film. I look forward to watching it again soon.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    That style of cinema was not a prevalent one for very long, the realism of the 67 - 82 era was a reflection of the current culture and reaction to the prior one. One rooted in realism for the sake of realism. I love that style, was weaned on it and appreciate it.

But the ET's of the world demanded that style be pushed back into the art houses. Mostly because it bored the regular theater goer more and more as the 70's moved on, it became almost a deluge of movies that made you think... and feel (crappy most of the time) So let's thank The Unmarried Woman, Foxes, Lifeguard and American Gigilo for making us all feel seedy whilst eating popcorn.
    Don't get me wrong, there were many great movies in the 70's, and I liked the griminess and ennui, but some of that "realism" was just lazy and self-indulgent.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

Turn Off Ads?