Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chuck

Re: Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Somehow, I think the Chevy Chase character survived.
    I wondered about Bryce Larkin. SURELY he's dead this time, but he's proven before to have about 9 lives.

BTW, anyone else have a flashback to the Reds one-time double play duo when Bryce said "Walker and Larkin, together again."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Donder View Post
    BTW, anyone else have a flashback to the Reds one-time double play duo when Bryce said "Walker and Larkin, together again."
    Ummmm.....no. But nice pickup on your part.

Rem

I'm going to be totally bummed if they cancel this show. I religiously Tivo and watch Amazing Race and Chuck, and that's it. Even if NBC does cancel it, hopefully they can be picked up by a 2nd tier network for a 3rd season. It just wouldn't be fair to end the series with a "to be continued..."

I'm not sure about the whole kung fu thing either, but I'm sure they'll make it fun. Some of the funniest moments of the series have happened at the Buy More with Jeff, Lester, and the crew. It'll be interesting to see how everything gets woven together.

The whole Kung Fu thing looked to be a 'benefit' of the improved intersect, and I could definitely see how they could write it in so that those improved flashes could cause more trouble than they are worth with Chuck having them at the wrong times and situations.

I think that they have really set up for an interesting next season (if there is one) and Chuck's new found abilities while endearing him to Casey will cause a rift with Sarah.

All kinds of possibilities, here's hoping NBC picks it up.
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

Updated overnight numbers for Chuck. Held steady, didn't lose nor gain viewers from the previous week. News about a cancellation or picking up for a 3rd season will be announced within the next week.

FOX took the 18-49 demo for the night with House and 24, trailed closely in that demo by CBS’ comedies and CSI: Miami combo. FOX also grabbed victory with adults 18-34. ABC had the most overall viewers fueled by Dancing With the Stars.

The season finale of Chuck scored a 2.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 6.11 million viewers overall. The season finale of Heroes pulled a 3.0 adults 18-49 rating and 6.39 million viewers. Meanwhile, ABC’s Castle averaged a 2.1 rating with adults 18-49.

I know fans are wondering about the fate of Castle. It was off .1 with adults 18-49 vs. last week when it faced a repeat of The Mentalist instead of a new CSI: Miami. The good news is, it seems to have stabilized, but I’m not sure if stabilizing at a 2.1 is good news. The bad news is it lost viewers in its second half hour. But then again, so did 24.

The latest Chuck renewal rumors:

Updated Chuck info
    Posted on 04 May 2009 by Robert Seidman

Nikki Finke reports (ok, she was the person who said the Chuck announcement would come Monday, but still):

3RD UPDATE: I’ve learned why announcements regarding the renewal fates of Chuck and My Name Is Earl have been delayed. And it involves more horsetrading than the Triple Crown. My sources tell me that NBC lowballed the Earl license fee, and the show’s owner, Twentieth Century Fox, came back with a proposal which NBC has been sitting on for a few days. As for Chuck, this gets complicated. Turns out NBC didn’t like David E Kelley’s Warner Bros pilot Legally Mad. Problem is, there’s a $2 million penalty that gets paid to WB if the network doesn’t pick up the show. So NBC is hoping to work a deal tying the renewal of Chuck, which is also a WB show, to a pass on paying that Legally Mad penalty.

Chuck was renewed for 13 episodes yesterday with an option for 9 more but the producers were forced to agree to cost reductions- ie reduce number of episodes for supporting characters.

Good to hear! That made my evening. I like the supporting cast but I'm alright with them focusing more on Chuck, Sarah, and Casey.

I'm glad to hear that 'Chuck' has been picked up for a 3rd year. Cutting costs may mean things like Chuck's dad (Scott Bakula) won't be seen again but, after all, the story has always revolved around Chuck, Sarah and Casey.

As long as they keep the underlying humor in the story, I'll watch it.

Rem

Rumors about the cost-cutting include the potential cut of a Buy More employee, as well as other concessions about the number of cast members who can appear in one episode at a time. Also rumored to be NBC's Friday night slot at 8 PM, which is usually a wasteland for Nielsen ratings. I don't really care though, since I TiVo it anyway. I'd rather have 13 more episodes than zero.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Rumors about the cost-cutting include the potential cut of a Buy More employee, as well as other concessions about the number of cast members who can appear in one episode at a time. Also rumored to be NBC's Friday night slot at 8 PM, which is usually a wasteland for Nielsen ratings. I don't really care though, since I TiVo it anyway. I'd rather have 13 more episodes than zero.
    I think every indication suggests that this will be the last season of Chuck. NBC didn't really want to renew the show but did it to appease WB and Friday nights would likely be a death sentence. However, I'm excited about at least 13 more episodes and hopefully they'll plan the season so that it somewhat wraps up in a series finale.

NBC officially announced their schedule for next year today. Looks like Chuck will be back in January replacing Heroes in the 2nd half of the year.

MONDAY
    8-9 p.m. "Heroes"
    9-10 p.m. - "TRAUMA"
    10-11 p.m. "THE JAY LENO SHOW"

TUESDAY
    8-10 p.m. "The Biggest Loser" (two-hour edition)

WEDNESDAY
    8-9 p.m. "PARENTHOOD"
    9-10 p.m. "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"

THURSDAY
    8- 8:30 p.m. "SNL WEEKEND UPDATE THURSDAY" (multi-episode run)
    8:30-9 p.m. "Parks and Recreation"
    9- 9:30 p.m. "The Office"
    9:30-10 p.m. "COMMUNITY" (moves to Thursdays 8-8:30 p.m. after multi-episode run "30 Rock" returns)

FRIDAY
    8-9 p.m. "Law & Order"
    9-10 p.m. "Southland"

SATURDAY
    8-9 p.m. "Dateline NBC"
    9-10 p.m. "TRAUMA" (encore broadcast)
    10-11 p.m. "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (encore broadcast)

SUNDAY
    7- 8:20 p.m. "Football Night in America"
    8:20-11 p.m. "NBC Sunday Night Football"

NBC MID-SEASON 2010 SCHEDULE

(2010 WINTER OLYMPICS preempt regularly scheduled programming from February 12-28)

*New programs in UPPER CASE

MONDAY
    8-9 p.m. "Chuck" (season premiere)
    9-10 p.m. - "DAY ONE"

TUESDAY
    8-9:30 p.m. "The Biggest Loser" (90-minute edition)
    9:30-10 p.m. "100 QUESTIONS"

WEDNESDAY
    8-9 p.m. "MERCY"
    9-10 p.m. "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"

THURSDAY
    8- 8:30 p.m. "COMMUNITY"
    8:30-9 p.m. "Parks and Recreation"
    9- 9:30 p.m. "The Office"
    9:30-10 p.m. "30 Rock"

FRIDAY
    8-9 p.m. "Law & Order"
    9-10 p.m. "Southland"

SATURDAY
    8-9 p.m. "Dateline NBC"
    9-10 p.m. "Southland" (encore broadcast)
    10-11 p.m. "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (encore broadcast)

SUNDAY
    7-8 p.m. "Dateline NBC"
    8-9 p.m. THE MARRIAGE REF
    9-11 p.m. "The Celebrity Apprentice" (season premiere; two-hour edition)

I have to wait for January for Chuck and Lost?!?! Better be a great new show in the fall to help me make it.

My Name is Earl being canceled is very sad news in this household. I've got huge bro-love for Jason Lee [despite what he named his kid] and I can only hope another network will pick it up.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    My Name is Earl being canceled is very sad news in this household. I've got huge bro-love for Jason Lee [despite what he named his kid] and I can only hope another network will pick it up.
    That show may be picked up by Fox. Fox actually produces that show so they may pick it up.

Turn Off Ads?