Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds spring training TV schedule

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Reds spring training TV schedule

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    They better since WLW has the games this weekend. Any time a game is broadcast, XM should pick it up.
    That logic didn't work so well yesterday. The XM feed of WLW covered up the Reds game with a Mike McConnell rerun and the only broadcast of the game was from the Phillies station.
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

XM always has to use the home team broadcast if one is available in the spring. So, yeah, the Phils signal was picked up.

But if a visiting team's announcers are doing a game in the spring, and the home team is not broadcasting it, XM will pick up the away announcers.

Point being, last year, as long as at least one broadcast was coming from a facility, XM would pick it up and assign it to a channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    That logic didn't work so well yesterday. The XM feed of WLW covered up the Reds game with a Mike McConnell rerun and the only broadcast of the game was from the Phillies station.
    XM will never have the Reds on the WLW station. Because of the way the contract is Reds games that are carried have to be on one of the Baseball play by play channels which are from 176-189. The WLW feed on XM will never have the Reds game. It seems like XM is carrying very few spring training games at least in the early part of spring traning they have very few games listed for any team.

I have no idea why XM isn't carrying the full slate of available games on those channels.

Well, actually I do. A part of me wonders if MLB isn't trying to ensure that XM users also pony up for audio to get it through the mlb.com website since it isn't on XM...

XM has updated their schedule through mid-March. These 2 games will be on XM in the next few weeks:

3/9/2008 Reds @ Rays 1:05PMET XM 178
    3/15/2008 Reds @ Red Sox 1:05PMET XM 176

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post

This is from John Fay:

Quote:
    REDS ON TV: Reds television rightsholder FSN Ohio will broadcast 3 spring training games from Sarasota, including March 10 at Yankees (7:15 p.m .ET), March 17 vs Tigers (1:05) and March 24 vs Blue Jays (7:05)...Reds Live will premier with a 1-hour special at 1:00 p.m. on March 31...the pre-game show will air half an hour prior to each of FSN Ohio’s regular season telecasts.
    So does this schedule still hold true to form or have they altered it at all? I would like to see a few more Reds games live this Spring before they head back up North, but it appears like the first game we shall see will be Monday. Now I haven't read this whole thread, actually just bits and pieces of it, so I may have missed some protions of it which updated the above, but I just haven't seen it. It seems like ST's in the past we have had more live games on the TV than just three, or is my imagination getting the best of me once again?

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    It seems like ST's in the past we have had more live games on the TV than just three, or is my imagination getting the best of me once again?

I think your imagination's getting the best of you. They have showed very few live games in the past. This is the first year in quite a while that they haven't broadcast a Saturday game though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    So does this schedule still hold true to form or have they altered it at all? I would like to see a few more Reds games live this Spring before they head back up North, but it appears like the first game we shall see will be Monday. Now I haven't read this whole thread, actually just bits and pieces of it, so I may have missed some protions of it which updated the above, but I just haven't seen it. It seems like ST's in the past we have had more live games on the TV than just three, or is my imagination getting the best of me once again?
    Here's the only other Red's ST (DirecTV) game I've seen

Friday, March 28, RAYS v. Reds, 1:05 EDT, FSN Florida, DTV 634
    Never overlook the obvious

Well, this is par for the course. I have the Cavaliers on FSN Ohio right now!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I have no idea why XM isn't carrying the full slate of available games on those channels.

Well, actually I do. A part of me wonders if MLB isn't trying to ensure that XM users also pony up for audio to get it through the mlb.com website since it isn't on XM...
    I don't think you have to WONDER about that. I believe that people on MLB radio have pretty much admitted that. I've also heard that XM has requested in negotiations to have access to away broadcasts, but I'm sure MLB won't give that away for free.
    Stick to your guns.

Btw, Cueto's next outing may be on Monday, if they keep to the same schedule. A televised game. That would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    I don't think you have to WONDER about that. I believe that people on MLB radio have pretty much admitted that. I've also heard that XM has requested in negotiations to have access to away broadcasts, but I'm sure MLB won't give that away for free.
    Thanks. What I suspected.

And...FRUSTRATING. Part of the reason I have XM is so that I can listen to the game in the car, the house, wherever, and not have to be tied to a computer. Ironically enough, I purchase MLB audio anyway. This way, they just piss me off.

I hate Bud Selig.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Btw, Cueto's next outing may be on Monday, if they keep to the same schedule. A televised game. That would be fun.
    It is...vs the Tiggers. Harang will pitch for the minor league team

DirecTV Program Guide shows today's (3/22) game, Reds vs. Astros being
    TV'ed on FSH (Fox Sports Houston?) Channel 639.

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up.

Turn Off Ads?