Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds spring training TV schedule

Re: Reds spring training TV schedule

Looks like we have a good shot (XM people) for those games on March 12th and 13th, according to Phils site on mlb.com 26 of their games are on either the web or radio, meaning XM may pick them up.

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com...=.jsp&c_id=phi

2. Turn Off Ads?

According to Pirates website, the March 7 night game will be broadcast by the Pirates team.

Add that to the potential games available on XM list.

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/ne...=.jsp&c_id=pit

Can't find a Red Sox radio schedule, and no luck on the Yankees game on the 6th, it looks like, from the Yankees radio schedule.
    Last edited by membengal; 02-18-2008 at 04:29 PM.

No luck on the Tigers split squad game on the 11th as they are not broadcasting that game.

So, at the least, it appears Feb. 28, March 3, March 7 and likely March 12th and 13th will be available on XM.

Not sure about that Red Sox game on the 5th or the Astros split squad game on the 11th. Hopefully one or both of those will be picked up, making it only a handful of days without access to Reds baseball.
    Last edited by membengal; 02-18-2008 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    ok..... here's what I don't understand... Is it so hard for a team like the Reds to think outside the box? Interest in the Reds will be high among baseball fans because of the winter break.

There are probably 10 colleges within 100 miles of Sarasota that have Media/Broadcast Journalism departments. Contact them, tell them you want them to produce daily reports about the Reds Spring Training including workouts and games.

They get full media credentials to include access to players and they agree to produce shows that will be provided to Reds at no cost to Reds. Reds can than market those shows to media outlets and or the internet.

Win/Win for all involved.
    Coming from someone that graduated with a degree in journalism, that would be a FABULOUS idea

Why people in the game of baseball can't think of things like that more often, I'm not so sure.

anyone know if DISH is carrying MLB this year?
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    why wouldn't they be?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    I assume you mean the Extra Inninngs package? If that's the case then it's, no. They didn't but in with Directv and I think the window has closed in which they could. They said they didn't have enough subscribers to EI to justify the cost.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I assume you mean the Extra Inninngs package? If that's the case then it's, no. They didn't but in with Directv and I think the window has closed in which they could. They said they didn't have enough subscribers to EI to justify the cost.
    pffft, thanks
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

For those interested in listening to any and all ST games on XM, ESPN's MLB schedule lists ST games that will be carried there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/schedules
    /r/reds

It's not up to date or accurate, though. For instance, it doesn't list the Reds games from this weekend that WLW is for certain carrying, which means the feed will be picked up b XM.

Someone on the Directv message board has put together an Excel file of all ST TV broadcasts.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-...bscribers.html
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Someone on the Directv message board has put together an Excel file of all ST TV broadcasts.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-...bscribers.html
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

XM has put up their spring training schedule through March 9th in those 2 weeks only these 2 games are scheduled on XM. Hopefully they plan on adding more games then this:

2/27/2008 Reds @ Phillies 1:05PMET XM 176
    3/3/2008 Reds @ Twins 1:05PMET XM 178

They better since WLW has the games this weekend. Any time a game is broadcast, XM should pick it up.

For those of us with MLB.TV, Sunday's game @ Toronto looks like it will be on.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/sched...cin&m=3&y=2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?