Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds #35 Prospect?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drew Anderson

2 3.33%
  • Brett Bartles

0 0%
  • Jose Castro

3 5.00%
  • Rafael Gonzalez

2 3.33%
  • Chris Heisey

2 3.33%
  • Sean Henry

0 0%
  • Evan Hildenbrandt

8 13.33%
  • Ben Jukich

4 6.67%
  • Derrik Lutz

7 11.67%
  • Logan Parker

4 6.67%
  • Juan Rafael

0 0%
  • Ramon Ramirez

14 23.33%
  • Jordan Smith

1 1.67%
  • Craig Tatum

6 10.00%
  • Phil Valiquette

7 11.67%
  • Other (please specify)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Community Prospect Vote #35

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Redszone Community Prospect Vote #35

Vote for the player who you think is the Reds #35 prospect (the best prospect who is not yet on the list). We will go with this as far as you guys want to take it.

I will post a new list every 2 days with 10-15 options to vote on.

If you feel like making an argument on why a guy should be voted here, feel free to vote and state why you voted for that player.

If there is someone that is not currently listed as an option to vote on, vote for 'other' then just state who you want to vote for in the thread.

If there is anyone you would like to see as an option on the next poll, just say so and if they garner enough support, they will be placed on the next poll. Guys with the lowest amount of votes will usually be removed for the next few guys who were talked about in the previous thread.

Prospect 1 - Jay Bruce
    Prospect 2 - Homer Bailey
    Prospect 3 - Johnny Cueto
    Prospect 4 - Joey Votto
    Prospect 5 - Todd Frazier
    Prospect 6 - Drew Stubbs
    Prospect 7 - Matt Maloney
    Prospect 8 - Josh Roenicke
    Prospect 9 - Travis Wood
    Prospect 10 - Devin Mesoraco
    Prospect 11 - Kyle Lotzkar
    Prospect 12 - Danny Dorn
    Prospect 13 - Sean Watson
    Prospect 14 - Carlos Fisher
    Prospect 15 - Juan Francisco
    Prospect 16 - Neftali Soto
    Prospect 17 - Brandon Waring
    Prospect 18 - Adam Rosales
    Prospect 19 - Tyler Pelland
    Prospect 20 - Daryl Thompson
    Prospect 21 - Pedro Viola
    Prospect 22 - Chris Valaika
    Prospect 23 - Sam Lecure
    Prospect 24 - Marcus McBeth
    Prospect 25 - Justin Turner
    Prospect 26 - Chris Dickerson
    Prospect 27 - Scott Carroll
    Prospect 28 - Richie Gardner
    Prospect 29 - Justin Reed
    Prospect 30 - Paul Janish
    Prospect 31 - Alexander Smit
    Prospect 32 - Danny Herrera
    Prospect 33 - Zach Cozart
    Prospect 34 - Tzu-Kai Chiu

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Redszone Community Prospect Vote #35

I went with Jose Castro.

Good glove, lots of contact, no strikeouts (and not too many walks either). Honestly though, the best (true) SS prospect the Reds have.

Castro is a good pick, Tatum should have been picked already (had terrific year in high-A, excellent defender, will be a major leaguer), Jordan Smith is a good, low WHIP ground ball starter, Lutz is an extreme groundball reliever, Hildenbrandt is highly touted, Heisey has shown talen, Gonzalez had a solid year although a fly ball pitcher.

Don't agree with some of the picks made recently on this poll. What makes Chiu a better choice than any of these guys? Not that important, but seems pretty random to me.

Valiquette is still the best option. Lefty, young, break out year last year and high draft pick. What is not to like. Rafael Gonzalez is also a doing better.

I think it would be interesting to take a look at this list and do another community prospect vote in the middle of the season. It would be interesting to see how the list would change from now until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Daddy View Post
    Valiquette is still the best option. Lefty, young, break out year last year and high draft pick. What is not to like. Rafael Gonzalez is also a doing better.
    If we are going to be picky on Valiquette, the only pitch he has is a fastball. Its a good fastball, but it is literally all that he has.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I think it would be interesting to take a look at this list and do another community prospect vote in the middle of the season. It would be interesting to see how the list would change from now until then.
    I would guess the top 5 would look a lot different as Bruce, Bailey and Votto have probably all graduated.

In the middle of the season though this kind of thing would run toward September and by that time so many things could have changed from when we started it would be a mess.

I think Logan Parker is someone to watch.

Ramon Ramirez again.

Yes, I think Ramon Ramirez is a pretty decent prospect. How old is he? Not sure how accurate thebaseballcube.com is -- looks like they have his stats mangled with a different Ramirez.

That's what I thought. Could be a bit old but considering what is left, he is the logical choice.

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg- View Post
    That's what I thought. Could be a bit old but considering what is left, he is the logical choice.
    Of the guys listed, I'd say he's the most likely to get a cup of coffee in the Majors. As for right-handed relief prospects, I'm just as excited by Ruben Medina.

I like Jordan Smith in a Sam Lecure-type way, but I think they both have ceilings as back-of-the-rotation guys, and if I wanted to pick a pitcher based on ceiling, I'd go with Evan Hilde(n)brandt (who was my choice this time around).

If I wanted to pick an outfielder, I'd be turn between Sean Henry and Chris Heisey. Ultimately, I think I'd go with Chris Heisey because his frame allows for more potential while Sean Henry seems more likely to be a good-numbers-for-a-center-fielder kind of guy.

As for everyone else, I really like Ryan Hanigan and his career OBP of .380, which is just ridiculous for a catcher.

I agree about Hanigan. I'd like to see him get the shot before Bako if Ross or Valentin go down this season. Is he too old to be on this list? I think he turns 27 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg- View Post
    I agree about Hanigan. I'd like to see him get the shot before Bako if Ross or Valentin go down this season. Is he too old to be on this list? I think he turns 27 this year.
    No he isn't. I will add him to the next poll.

Turn Off Ads?