Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things Your Pets Do

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Things Your Pets Do

I have 4 cats, and they all do some sort of crazy nonsense on a daily basis that drives me crazy but is somehow cute.

Boss Kitty- His nickname is "Cereal Stalker" because if Boss knows you have Fruity Pebbles, he will stalk you until you give him some. He'll sit and watch you, and if you lift the bowl to your mouth to drink the last of the milk and cereal, he will take his paws and grab the bowl.

Kushu- She nurses on my neck. Just snuggles up, kneads my neck with her paws and starts suckling. It's creepy, but I can't bear to make her stop.
    Tyson- Tyson's lives for one thing. Food. He can open up carry out containers, garbage bags, cabinets, and doors if it means a shot at some chicken or hamburger. It's awful. When he's hungry in the morning, he climbs up on my dresser, gets on his hind legs, and starts pounding the alarm keypad until I wake up and feed him.

Sharp as a tack, he is.

Bring 'em on folks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Things Your Pets Do

Our boy cat will get his head stuck in a cup/glass in an effort to lick chocolate milk residue. Seeing a kitty with a clear plastic cup stuck over it's head is odd but generally hillarous.

One of our girls is a total food stalker. She's learned how to use furniture as cover to get closer to your food before she pounces.

Our dog will aboultely tear all the covers, blankets and pillows off a bed in an effort to build a "nest". She just starts digging at the bed with her front paws until everything is out of her way. Then she plops down, grunts and then looks at us as if to say, "what....?!?!?"

I have two cats.

Pearl likes to play fetch with pipe cleaners. She can also jump about 4 feet in the air to snag them. She'd make quite a high jumper despite being all of 9 pounds wet.

Cleveland, OTOH, isn't in to pipe cleaners. His game is chasing plastic balls and carrying them around in his mouth.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I could write a book on our two corgis.

I had a bunch of dogs when I was younger and with my parents - at one time, we had six. It actually was great.

Amber was a doberman/German shepherd mix. She was a beauty.
    She was an indoor dog. She would crawl up into bed with me sometimes, and lay down beside me. Slowly but surely, her legs would stretch out more and more until she had the whole bed and I was on the floor.
    She also had a lot of Snoopy in her. She carried her food bowl around in her mouth when she felt it was time to eat.

We had many basset hounds. One liked to eat or lick wallpaper. Another figured out how to get the lazy susan to spin and eat the packs of Jell-O stored inside. Another figured out how to climb a chair leading to a window to the kitchen - allowing him to walk the counter.
    My dad kept a train set downstairs - he accused me a few times of trashing it, until I found another basset hound had climbed up it in the middle of the night, playing Dogzilla.

Sandy the cocker-spaniel hated chew toys, especially when they squeaked. But, if another dog was making a lot of noise with one, she would walk over, take it from the other dog, and sit on it.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Our dog will aboultely tear all the covers, blankets and pillows off a bed in an effort to build a "nest". She just starts digging at the bed with her front paws until everything is out of her way. Then she plops down, grunts and then looks at us as if to say, "what....?!?!?"
    When I change the bedding, Boss will jump up on the new sheets and start digging with his front paws. Not sure where he thinks he's going, but he goes nuts when he does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    When I change the bedding, Boss will jump up on the new sheets and start digging with his front paws. Not sure where he thinks he's going, but he goes nuts when he does it.
    Yea, our dog is very focused and intent on whatever it is she thinks she doing. I don't know what instinctual move that is, but it's darn cute.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

My dog is a leaper, for one thing. She clears the regular 5 foot chain link fences with ease(we got a privacy fence put up, but still have to be careful.) It's actually pretty damn impressive.

She also loves peeking out windows. All day. It's to the point where we have to keep the blinds pulled up slightly because she was knocking them down. And mind you she has to climb up on a bed or what have you to look out most of them. I've started calling her "the sniper" because of the way she puts her paws on the window sill and peeks out from under the blind.

Edit: also now that I think of it. She treats a camera as if I were pointing a gun at her. She takes off running at the sight of any type of camera.
    Last edited by HumnHilghtFreel; 02-09-2008 at 04:27 PM.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I'll see if I can get my wife to post some video of our dog. He's pretty sharp.

If we tie a string around a doorknob, he'll close doors on command.

If you shoot him with your finger (like a gun), he'll drop dead.

He's getting pretty close to being able to balance himself on top of a medicine ball. He's up to about 3 seconds.

He'll also leap over othe dogs on command. Some dogs don't like it when he does that. (I think they see it as a dominance thing).
    Stick to your guns.

My parents have a female Yorkie who will be 10 years old this summer. I don't live with the dog anymore now that I've graduated from college, but I grew up with her through high school. Like most Yorkies, she's sharp as a tack, strong willed and enormously devoted to my family and me.

When my family doesn't want the dog to understand what we are saying, we have to spell. Backwards. We have to do this because she recognizes everything in normal conversation. And so "car" becomes "R-A-C". Also, she gets really upset when I start saying random letters that no sense because she can't understand what I'm saying.

She's also very aware of what's going on in the family. I don't know how she does it, but she knows when someone is about to leave the house because she gets upset. This is before anyone stands up and puts on their coat. The amazing this is, she's right. Every single time. Only after saying goodbye is anyone allowed to leave the house, especially the women in my family.

Every morning, she tongue bathes my dad's heels for at least 10 minutes. He's not allowed to leave the house until his heels have been thoroughly licked.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I used to have a cat that I swear would do things a certain way just to show off how smart she was, like opening doors by turning the doorknob and licking my eyelids to wake me up and licking the faucet for water instead of drinking out of her bowl.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

My dog had some weird perceptual thing that prevented her from walking onto our checkered tile floor. When she went from the dining room to the kitchen she would turn around and back into the kitchen where the checker pattern was. Once she got in she was fine- she'd turn around and head on through.

My wife had a cat that would fetch bottle caps.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

My dog pees when he gets excited. When I come home, he runs out and runs in circles until he's tired. Afterwards, there is always a perfect circle of urine, two feet in diameter.

TB's elderly cat currently Hawwwwwharfs hairballs in my bed at 3:00 a.m. I adore her. She used to pat my nose gently all night to get petted. Now she just pukes on me.

Love these stories. Have many with so many pets over the years.

My favorite amazing thing is when pets seem to know your mood. It always amazes me how comforting they can be when you're going through a sad time.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

I once had 2 pet rats named Charlotte and Frankieanne. They'd escape their cage, find their way to a bedroom and curl up to sleep on your neck.

My mother claimed to hate them but would buy fresh strawberries just for them.

I wore Mom down over the years with all the creatures I brought into our house.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Turn Off Ads?