Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about Noah Lowry?

How about Noah Lowry?

I know we are rumored to be actively pursuing Joe Blanton, and there is talk of Votto or one of Bailey/Cueto, but I would rather look accross the Bay towards the Giants.

Noah Lowry is coming off a good year, but has some injury concerns. At one time, he was looked at only being slightly behind Dan Haren (his college teamate) in potential. What would it take to get this southpaw? I am not sure. If we could, netting Lowry for Freel, Hatteberg and Maloney would be great for us. They are short at first and third and there has been some talk of a Lowry for Crede deal with Chicago. My guess, we would have to substitute Encarnacion for Freel, or Votto for Hatteberg, or Cueto/Bailey for Maloney to get the deal done. But I like Lowry over Blanton, so I might just pony up. Lowry would make a nice #3 starter for us.
    "Just shut up and play baseball"...Mike Piazza

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How about Noah Lowry?

Giants officials have stated that #4478 Noah Lowry# is expected to arrive this spring without any limitations, according to the San Jose Mercury News. Several teams are expected to keep an eye on Lowry this spring to see if he's over last year's elbow strain. If he is, he could well be dealt for a position player. In particular, the Giants are interested in Joe Crede.

http://www.rototimes.com/mlb/player/4478

The Giants seem to believe they have enough pitching, and are looking for a position player in exchange for Lowry.

We've been through this. Lowry would be a disaster and his ERA is a pure gimmick. Just look at K/BB splits and that's all you need to know. Blanton has much better control and is much more durable. It's interesting to compare there stats, and they are very very similar in age, playing time, and stats. But looking at the career stats doesn't prove everything. Lowry has been on the decline, while Blanton on the incline. Blanton will pitched 7+ innings many times (18x in 2007), while Lowry will rarely pitch 7+ (8x in 2007). Blanton only had 7 starts less than 6IP, while Lowry 11. This is a trend throughout their careers, and is one of the biggest reasons why Blanton is a much better choice.

Please god no

Lowry's horrible. I wouldn't trade Maloney straight up for him.

Lowry is fragile, not horrible. He is 27 and left-handed. I don't think he would cost as much as Blanton. My original offer would be our spare parts. The guy has a career ERA of 4.00.

Again, a decent #3
    "Just shut up and play baseball"...Mike Piazza

No Thanks !!!!

Huh? Nobody here wants Noah Lowry? He's been an above average pitcher every year since he's come up with the exception of '06. He's always shown, at the very least, a decent hit rate and seems to be able strikeout some batters.

If he is healthy, it would be worth looking into. He is the definition of a #3, and can be expected to give you 6 good innings. I would talk to the Giants if he is healthy, and see what it would take to get him.

I see zero reasons why people would want Lowry over Belisle

I am game how much and how was he with Baker?

Lowry's career stats:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/...oKc.N5M.mFCLcF

I don't get what all the negativity is about. The person who started this thread wasn't offering our best prospects for him.

If we could get Lowry for spare parts, I'd welcome more competition. Of course, it all depends on him being healthy.

We definitely need a lefty in the rotation. That is why we were pursuing Bedard so hard.

Lowry circa 2005 would be a respectable #3, Lowry the past two seasons is very bad. Pure smoke and mirrors. As others have said, Belisle is a much better option.

I think we are going to trade for a halfway proven pitcher instead of a high risk high reward type of guy, we have plenty of them type of players.

Im pretty sure Lowry fits in the high risk low reward category

Turn Off Ads?