Turn Off Ads?

Thread: MLB on XM were talking about Hatty playing first for Yankees

MLB on XM were talking about Hatty playing first for Yankees

i just caught the tail end of it this morning. But they were talking about who was going to play first base for the Yankees and they had a long discussion about Hatty being the best choice for the Yankees.

I have not heard any rumors about a trade with the Yankees. Has anyone heard anything?
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB on XM were talking about Hatty playing first for Yankees

Hatte for Alan Horne. Keep Votto. Yeeah baby
    Go BLUE!!!

from MLBTR:

Peter Abraham learned from Brian Cashman that the Yankees have no intention of acquiring a first baseman anytime soon.

If Giambi mostly DHs and Damon mostly plays LF, that leaves some combination of Matsui, Duncan, and Betemit to manage at 1B.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

This morning on XM, Buck and Big Show were talking about Gary Majewski being a crucial part of the Reds pen in 2008, completing neglecting Jared Burton and suggesting that Stanton should bounce back. XMs coverage is basically as if ESPN covered baseball exclusively and a smaller budget; Too busy being experts to do their homework. Fine for the casual fan, weak for the devotees. XM really doesn't hold a candle to MLB.com. That's my 2c at least.
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 02-11-2008 at 04:53 PM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    This morning on XM, Buck and Big Show were talking about Gary Majewski being a crucial part of the Reds pen in 2008, completing neglecting Jared Burton and suggesting that Stanton should bounce back. XMs coverage is basically as if ESPN covered baseball exclusively and a smaller budget. To busy being experts to do their homework. Fine for the casual fan, weak for the devotees. XM really doesn't hold a candle to MLB.com. That's my 2c at least.
    I would agree about their morning show, but Holden Kushner and Charlie Steiner do a tremendous job in the afternoon.....Then we get the "pleasure" of listening to Dibble and Kennedy.

Guh.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    I would agree about their morning show, but Holden Kushner and Charlie Steiner do a tremendous job in the afternoon.....Then we get the "pleasure" of listening to Dibble and Kennedy.

Guh.
    The morning show is sad, no doubt about it. I hated Dibble and still do, but I have to admit I enjoy his comments with Kennedy. They actually make since.

The morning show is just plain stupid I have also enjoyed Brynes from the D-Backs. He tells it like it is and I like that.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Quote Originally Posted by alexad View Post
    The morning show is sad, no doubt about it. I hated Dibble and still do, but I have to admit I enjoy his comments with Kennedy. They actually make since.

The morning show is just plain stupid I have also enjoyed Brynes from the D-Backs. He tells it like it is and I like that.
    Baseball Confidential is a good show too.

Pretty much any show that isn't slated for the "drive time" slots is good. Anything that caters to the masses pretty much stinks.

Those Saturday afternoon update shows are great during the season. I get to hear all of the important calls during the game, and if something catches my interest, I can just flip over to that game. It really is amazing, all of that up to the minute baseball info right there on my radio.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Turn Off Ads?