Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from an italian Reds fan

GioInter

Hello from an italian Reds fan

Hi Reds fans! I'm Gio and I write from Italy. I really love baseball and I'm a great Reds fans since I was 15 (I'm almost 21 right now). I've been twice in the USA but unfortunately I've never seen the Reds play Seeing a Reds game in the GABP is one of the biggest dreams of my life. My favourite player is obviously Junior. I bought his jersey when I went to the States 4 years ago I really love him . Other Reds I like are Arroyo, Dunn, Harang and Sean Casey (even if he no longer plays with the Reds). I also like and follow all the American-Italian players. I'm looking forward to the season starting. I think the Reds can do good things this year. GO REDS!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hello from an italian Reds fan

Hey, Gio - welcome to the board. I think our top draft pick last year is an Italian American - Devin Mesoraco from Punxatawney, PA. See his listing on The Baseball Cube:

http://thebaseballcube.com/players/M...Mesoraco.shtml

Last year he played for the GCL Reds in Florida (Gulf Coast League Reds). I'm not sure where he'll start this year.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Sweet.

Big fan of the Azzurri, I imagine?

GioInter

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Hey, Gio - welcome to the board. I think our top draft pick last year is an Italian American - Devin Mesoraco from Punxatawney, PA. See his listing on The Baseball Cube:

http://thebaseballcube.com/players/M...Mesoraco.shtml

Last year he played for the GCL Reds in Florida (Gulf Coast League Reds). I'm not sure where he'll start this year.
    hi redsmetz and thank you. I didn' t know that guy. I'll keep an eye on him. thanks again

GioInter

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Sweet.
    Hi friend . your nick I really liked wily mo pena and I was sad when he moved to boston .. even if we got bronson for him (so it wasn't a bad move )

Big fan of the Azzurri, I imagine?
    off course

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Hey Gio,

I was in Italy in early 07 (Milan) and 08 (Rome, Naples) and really enjoyed it.

Also, like you, I was a lifetime REDS fan who had never been to Cincinnati. But in June of last year I made the trip to the REDSzone gathering and not only got to see some games in GABP, but met some very nice people from this board.

So welcome and hope to see you soon.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

GioInter

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Hey Gio,

I was in Italy in early 07 (Milan) and 08 (Rome, Naples) and really enjoyed it.

Also, like you, I was a lifetime REDS fan who had never been to Cincinnati. But in June of last year I made the trip to the REDSzone gathering and not only got to see some games in GABP, but met some very nice people from this board.

So welcome and hope to see you soon.
    hi one upper and thanks for your welcome . I'm right from milan did you like it?

Yes, seeing a Reds game is one of my biggest desire. I've been in the States twice: one during the off-season and the other one during the summer time, but I went to Utah and unfortunately I never got to go to a game . I'm planning a trip for next summer. it' s not easy but I really hope to make it. GO REDS!!

Senor Votto

Welcome to the site Gio.

Yes, seeing a Reds game is one of my biggest desire. I've been in the States twice: one during the off-season and the other one during the summer time, but I went to Utah and unfortunately I never got to go to a game . I'm planning a trip for next summer. it' s not easy but I really hope to make it. GO REDS!!
    Going to a Reds game is pretty amazing when it's your first time at the park. I still remember going to Riverfront Stadium when I was just a youngin with my cousin and my dad. And the first time I went to Great American Ball Park about three years ago was quite a thrill.

Gio you are freaking cool, buddy.

Welcome to the site.

Gio you really know how to use an emoticon!!

GioInter

Gio you are freaking cool, buddy.

Welcome to the site.
    thank you again, Wily
    I' m sure I will enjoy my time here.

Gio you really know how to use an emoticon!!
    eh eh I really like emoticons and I already knew most of the ones of this board

GioInter

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Welcome to the site Gio.

Going to a Reds game is pretty amazing when it's your first time at the park. I still remember going to Riverfront Stadium when I was just a youngin with my cousin and my dad. And the first time I went to Great American Ball Park about three years ago was quite a thrill.

thanks for your welcome

yes, you're right. I still remember the great experience I had when I went to NYC and saw an NBA game. Absolutely amazing. I really hope to have the same thrill you had your first time at the GABP very soon. I'm sure it will be awesome.

I want to go see Inter play AC.

Let's work out a trade, Gio!!

I want to go see Inter play AC.

Let's work out a trade, Gio!!
    I would buy Gio a diamond club ticket if he could work out that deal for me.

Just think, you could sit closer to home plate than the pitcher.
    Last edited by paintmered; 02-12-2008 at 08:55 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I would buy Gio a diamond club ticket if he could work out that deal for me.

Just think, you could sit closer to home plate than the pitcher.
    Hehehehehehehehehe

I'll buy him TWO diamond club tix for that deal.

Turn Off Ads?