Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Opening Day Registration...

Re: Opening Day Registration...

Quote Originally Posted by adampad View Post
    0-3 here. However, I may have found a weakness in obtaining those mythical tickets....but I'm not sure if I want to let the cat out of the bag.
    Well after you have your lions share, what better place to let the cat out of the bag.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm 0-4 as well, system is rigged. They probably gave out ten seats and promoted this single ticket auction to create buzz for their ticket packages.

Quote Originally Posted by kentjett View Post
    I'm 0-4 as well, system is rigged. They probably gave out ten seats and promoted this single ticket auction to create buzz for their ticket packages.
    Check 333seat. They paid college kids to log on, and sign up. That's why they have tons of tickets.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

0 for 10 here, I had no idea how many people actually signed up for it.....I actually thought I had a shot.
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

I'm not sure any of you read what I wrote in the "opening day" tickets thread, but I'll pass along what I know.

Last year, roughly 100,000 people entered the lottery and only 1% of those entries were awarded the opportunity to buy tickets. That's only 1000 people.
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

I didn't think last year was a lottery.

Anyway, I think I have 4 tickets locked up in section 130. It may be a week before I can confirm it. As for my secret method....well it seems to be gone now. I got very lucky if it works for me. I was hoping to let my friends and family in on it before they were gone. But now it seems they are already gone. I still don't know if I want to let everyone in on it, since I can't yet confirm my tickets. Even then, if I tell it may hurt my chances for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by RSNtransplant View Post
    If it let me buy four I would have. How many seats do you have on your account? and how many did they let you buy?
    It let my buddy by 4 tickets.. i didn't know they let some people buy 2 and some buy 4.. thats dumb.. plus why is there all of these SRO tickets? how do people actually purchase those?

i wish they set aside like 75% of the leftovers after season ticketers get theres.. and had a rule that if they are sold through an online retailer you could never again buy od tickets.. this is ridiculous.. the saddest part.. a friend of mine knows someone who works for a ticket vendor and while you or I would kill for a ticket.. since we arent willing to spend a grand for 2 seats a few years ago there was more than 200 tickets not used for opening day i have been told.. because they were priced too high..

Old Red Guard Reject

Still no email at all here.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    Still no email at all here.
    Are you sure you put in the right email address? From what I've heard, they sent out the winners. I hope you win though.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    It let my buddy by 4 tickets.. i didn't know they let some people buy 2 and some buy 4.. thats dumb.. plus why is there all of these SRO tickets? how do people actually purchase those?
    The lottery sale was going on @ the same time the Bonus OD ticket sale for season ticket holders. Bonus ticket only allowed to buy 2, Lottery winners as I missed got 4(thanks for info). Which makes me think they could possibly make more people happy by cutting down the limit to 2 for lottery winners. Also, makes me think the places like 333seat must have multiple ST accounts, since they have a lot of pairs listed as Etickets ready to print @ home, etc, which had to come from the Bonus OD account method, since the lottery yielded 4, and as far as I know no other tickets are sent out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    i wish they set aside like 75% of the leftovers after season ticketers get theres.. and had a rule that if they are sold through an online retailer you could never again buy od tickets.. this is ridiculous.. the saddest part.. a friend of mine knows someone who works for a ticket vendor and while you or I would kill for a ticket.. since we arent willing to spend a grand for 2 seats a few years ago there was more than 200 tickets not used for opening day i have been told.. because they were priced too high..
    Best way to get more people and less brokers to get more OD tickets is build a strong ST base and don't buy from scalpers. I know a lot of people cannot afford a whole 20 game package, but even if you have to split a 20 game account with another person(or 4 other people) that give you guarantee OD tickets every other year( or 4th year). I'm in a group that shares a package, and we get at least half of us a pair every other year, thanks to Bonus OD program. There are other benefits too, you can bet brokers are taking advantage of those benefits.
    Last edited by RSNtransplant; 02-15-2008 at 04:20 PM. Reason: grammar

didn't win (my parents didn't let me even enter)
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

Turn Off Ads?