Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Did anybody win the Opening Day ticket lottery?

Re: Did anybody win the Opening Day ticket lottery?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Well, they did a poor job, then. I registered and didn't evern get a response--either yes or no. go figure that.
    Getting mail across the Ohio River into WV is rather difficult for the pony express. :
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Getting mail across the Ohio River into WV is rather difficult for the pony express. :
    Even email? Oh well, it could have been worse. Instead of losing my entry, they could have lost something real like money.

It'll probably rain or be cold on that day anyway.

So after mass today, one of my fellow parishioners came up to me with a Reds ticket envelope in her hand - as she said, she'd scored Opening Day tickets. It seems our choir director and her twin sister both had their names selected and they offered this lady two of the eight tickets they were going to buy. What are those odds?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I was thinking yesterday that anyone on here who managed to get selected should buy the full allotment and then sell the extras to other zoners at face value, kind of a way for us to broker them to one another at cost. Since it seems that not too many folks managed to get selected, this might not work out.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I was thinking yesterday that anyone on here who managed to get selected should buy the full allotment and then sell the extras to other zoners at face value, kind of a way for us to broker them to one another at cost. Since it seems that not too many folks managed to get selected, this might not work out.
    That was my plan--take all four (I can only use two) and then sell them to RZoners for face and postage, but like you say, it didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Even email? Oh well, it could have been worse. Instead of losing my entry, they could have lost something real like money.

It'll probably rain or be cold on that day anyway.
    Lat year's OD weather was simply fantastic. Then it turned bitter cold for the remainder of the week. When we went the year before it was so cold everyone was leaving in the 6th inning. Simply ridiculous.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?