Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Baseball Websites

Fantasy Baseball Websites

Anyone can tell me what is the best baseball fantasy baseball website to use in preparation for an auction style draft. I appreciate the input.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fantasy Baseball Websites

I was about to ask the same question...a guy that I spoke with at my wife's Christmas party said for fantasy football he uses www.fanball.com...he said it was good for baseball too, but I know nothing about it. TQ was really bad last year, so I am also website shopping too. Yahoo doesn't always put the players in that get called up right away.

rotoauthority.com is run by the same guy as mlbtraderumors.com

In other words, he hasn't had much time to talk about fantasy lately, but his projections are objective and usually only outdone by PECOTA...

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed View Post
    that site drives me nuts

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    that site drives me nuts
    I have always had positive experiences. Tons of information, classifieds, rankings, mocks. Sure there are idiots but what baseball site doesn't have those?
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

I might have to check out fantasy baseball this year, i've always heard good things but never tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.MojoRisin View Post
    I might have to check out fantasy baseball this year, i've always heard good things but never tried it.
    There are all kinds of leagues you can get into...AL, NL, mixed, 5x5, 4x4, 6x6, head to head, rotiserrie, and all types of categories. The most common are HR, AVG, SB, RBIs, Runs, ERA, Saves, WHIP, Wins, K/9. If you love baseball, it's a great way to just follow the game instead of just following the Reds. Of course the Reds are my team, but fantasy baseball helps you care about games like the D-Rays vs Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon View Post
    There are all kinds of leagues you can get into...AL, NL, mixed, 5x5, 4x4, 6x6, head to head, rotiserrie, and all types of categories. The most common are HR, AVG, SB, RBIs, Runs, ERA, Saves, WHIP, Wins, K/9. If you love baseball, it's a great way to just follow the game instead of just following the Reds. Of course the Reds are my team, but fantasy baseball helps you care about games like the D-Rays vs Baltimore.
    I would have to suggest rottiserie as the King of fantasy baseball... Don't get suckered into H2H just because that is what most fantasy football leagues use...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I would have to suggest rottiserie as the King of fantasy baseball... Don't get suckered into H2H just because that is what most fantasy football leagues use...
    I agree 100 percent...I think rotisserie is a true reflection of your team and not who is hot at the current time.

Check out KFFL.com, it is free now and although it is better known as the #1 fantasy football site, it also has tremendous fantasy baseball insight. While I do write articles for them, it was my first stop even before I was a contributor.

I'd love to find a fantasy baseball site that has a draft application similar to what www.footballguys.com has for football.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

see above post

Anyone here tried Whatifsports.com ?

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Anyone here tried Whatifsports.com ?
    I liked that when a full seasonw as free. Now the only free one they have is some sort of trial mini-season. I'm not into it enough to pay, but if I was, I would do this one.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?