Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLB TV premium question

MLB TV premium question

I've subscribed to MLB.com TV for last couple years. Been curious about the premium option. Does anyone have it? Is the picture quality significantly better? Would appreciate any opinions.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB TV premium question

I dont mean to derail the thread but have you subcribed to the MLB.tv package because you dont live in the area or did you get it for other reasons?

I don't live in the area. Don't have to worry about blackouts.

Any comments on the picture quality of the premium package???

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I subscribed to mlbtv.com until the Reds were out of it last year, which means I had it for the first 2 weeks of the season. I was actually impressed. I had the occasional blackout problem (which absolutely mystifies me - I live in Gainesville, FL for crying out loud) which was aggravating but, with my high speed connection, the games were broadcast very well. Also, I got to see why so many Redszoners complain about George Grande once or twice.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I had the regular service, and had nothing but problems (both with it, and with my internet service). I couldn't justify paying extra for the premium if it was going to just as bad. So, I'm curious to know if the premium service is better, too....

Get the Premium. I actually get it for free...but if I had to, I'd pay for it. The only problem is that the broadcast is delayed by about 30 seconds. So, don't try to follow along in the game forums while watching it.
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

Grounds Crew - is the delay shorter with the standard package? I had the standard package last year and it was only a couple seconds delay from the radio broadcast.

yea im debating if i should get another season of extra innings from DTV, or get MLB.COM package...any thoughts?..the extra innings is about 150 per season i think
    Reds fan since 1970

I had the normal MLB.TV but I'm getting premium this time. The Mosaic and better quality should be worth it.

I get blacked out of Reds games, which is totally unfair for my area. I live in western Indiana so the ballpark is 3 hours away. FSN carries the Cards. So it's basically impossible for me to watch the game for 2.5 months. But I am a baseball fan (unlike many people here) so I watch other games, especially the Yanks. I'm looking foward to Mosaic.

Also on a side note, there is a website that steams many MLB games. Sometimes they have Reds games, sometimes not. It's great if your blacked out. The quality sometimes sucks, and it uses a lot of bandwith. I mostly use it on Saturdays when all MLB games are blacked out.

If i was going to get a package id get the MLB.tv one because you can go back and watch archived games of every team. I did that with a few Edinson volquez starts. Also its kinda cool to watch Reds games with the other teams announcers to hear their input about our players. St. Louis guys were killing Brandon Phillips for being a showboat last year it was pretty awesome.

I would pay for MLB TV if it wasn't for the damn blackout rules. I don't understand why MLB thinks it's a good idea to keep people in the local market from watching their product.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

You can watch the replays for free on there though. That's what I find myself doing sometimes when I'm bored. I just watched some of the last game of the year the other day.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    You can watch the replays for free on there though. That's what I find myself doing sometimes when I'm bored. I just watched some of the last game of the year the other day.
    same for me its a really cool feature

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I subscribed to mlbtv.com until the Reds were out of it last year, which means I had it for the first 2 weeks of the season. I was actually impressed. I had the occasional blackout problem (which absolutely mystifies me - I live in Gainesville, FL for crying out loud) which was aggravating but, with my high speed connection, the games were broadcast very well. Also, I got to see why so many Redszoners complain about George Grande once or twice.

Hey BL I live in Keystone Heights FL just about 30 minutes from you. PM me and maybe we can work something out and head down for a few ST games.

Turn Off Ads?