Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonds Tested Positive for Roids

Bonds Tested Positive for Roids

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bonds Tested Positive for Roids 1 Month After Hitting 73

guess he and Roger can share stories in prison for lieing and perjury..

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Maybe he didn't knowlingly take the test...

This won't change his defense, which is that he didn't "knowingly" take them. That will be awfully hard to prove otherwise.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    guess he and Roger can share stories in prison for lieing and perjury..
    Not really defending these two, because I've never cared for neither; but how is there ever a chance they will see jail time? For what? There was no standing MLB rule on steroids at that time, and they can't, after enacting one, retroactively go back and do so.

perjury before Congress? So they are gonna Scooter Libby these guys, meaning, we may not be able to prosecute you on the other, so we'll pull you to testify under oath and see if we can't catch you at lying.

I doubt these congressmen, who prior to his testifying were going ga-ga over meeting Clemens, drooling all over him and asking for autographs, even have jail time in the back of their minds at that dog n pony show.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

So sayeth the government before it proveth it's case.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=4294063

"At trial, the government's evidence will show that Bonds received steroids from Anderson in the period before the November 2001 positive drug test, and that evidence raises the inference that Anderson gave Bonds the steroids that caused him to test positive in November 2001," U.S. Attorney Joseph Russoniello wrote.
    The latest government motion also referred to a question by a prosecutor during the BALCO case to "determine why Bonds apparently tested positive for anabolic steroids in November 2000."
    MLB didn't begin the survey testing for PED's untill spring training in 2003.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    This won't change his defense, which is that he didn't "knowingly" take them. That will be awfully hard to prove otherwise.
    Your honor, really, I didn't know it was cocaine......
    "Is there a problem officers?"

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I have a silly question here...

Who INJECTS vitamin B-12? Why on earth would you do that? Why not go down to the store and just buy some B-12 and take it with your coffee?

I have just never heard of injecting vitamins before until the whole steroids thing blew up.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Not really defending these two, because I've never cared for neither; but how is there ever a chance they will see jail time? For what? There was no standing MLB rule on steroids at that time, and they can't, after enacting one, retroactively go back and do so.

perjury before Congress? So they are gonna Scooter Libby these guys, meaning, we may not be able to prosecute you on the other, so we'll pull you to testify under oath and see if we can't catch you at lying.

I doubt these congressmen, who prior to his testifying were going ga-ga over meeting Clemens, drooling all over him and asking for autographs, even have jail time in the back of their minds at that dog n pony show.

Well in Bonds case it looks like he lied before a grand jury. That gets you jailtime. If he tested positive, the gov't has another bullet in their chamber to use.

I'm not so sure Clemens will see jailtime. It depends on whether a prosecuter sees a case. For Bonds it's already past that point.

My brother had a B-complex injection from his doctor when he was really sick and couldn't take off of work.

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    I have a silly question here...

Who INJECTS vitamin B-12? Why on earth would you do that? Why not go down to the store and just buy some B-12 and take it with your coffee?

I have just never heard of injecting vitamins before until the whole steroids thing blew up.

Apparently neither has McNamee. He said he's never injected it. Clemens is hoping you'll buy his B-12 story...

Yah the only person in the Clemens family who injected HGH was his freakin' wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Turn Off Ads?