Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Hypothetical ? Who would get pardoned by Bush, Barry or Roger?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baroid Bonds

1 5.56%
  • Roger HGH Clemens

17 94.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical ? Who would get pardoned by Bush, Barry or Roger?

Hypothetical ? Who would get pardoned by Bush, Barry or Roger?

Just wondering, I know there's a chance neither will get convicted or Roger may not even go to trial. Im just sitting back and enjoying it all.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Re: Hypothetical ? Who would get pardoned by Bush, Barry or Roger?

By the time any conviction (if any) happens, the pardon might have to come from President Obama, President Clinton II or President McCain.

That being said, I cannot vote b/c I lean towards NO PARDON.

No Pardon
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I almost find all of this comical in a way... don't get me wrong, I despise Clemens and Bonds for the way they mocked the game. It's a disgrace. But Congress is wasting it's time in my opinion. They're never going to find out all that they need to find out, and most of the congressman asking questions are a joke anyways.

I hate to say this, but it's a witch hunt. Bonds and Clemens are being driven to the guillotine with stakes, while there is no threat of Selig, Fehr, or Glenallen freakin Hill going to prison, for that matter.

The entire game of baseball, from Selig on down is responsible for this. Everyone knew about it, but the soaring attendance figures and booming TV ratings resulted in everyone ignoring the massive and growing problem.

If you ask me the entire game of baseball should be indicted for perjury.

Thanks for allowing me to vent . If I have to see anymore Clemens or Bonds news, I'm going to get sick.

On to spring training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cincinnati Reds, 2008 World Champs!!!! (Hey, if Ryan Dempster can do it, I can, too)

Don't mess with Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    Don't mess with Texas.

A pardon for sports players? no way.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    IThe entire game of baseball, from Selig on down is responsible for this. Everyone knew about it, but the soaring attendance figures and booming TV ratings resulted in everyone ignoring the massive and growing problem.

Word.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I almost find all of this comical in a way... don't get me wrong, I despise Clemens and Bonds for the way they mocked the game. It's a disgrace. But Congress is wasting it's time in my opinion. They're never going to find out all that they need to find out, and most of the congressman asking questions are a joke anyways.

I hate to say this, but it's a witch hunt. Bonds and Clemens are being driven to the guillotine with stakes, while there is no threat of Selig, Fehr, or Glenallen freakin Hill going to prison, for that matter.

The entire game of baseball, from Selig on down is responsible for this. Everyone knew about it, but the soaring attendance figures and booming TV ratings resulted in everyone ignoring the massive and growing problem.

Great post.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

IF a player were to be pardoned and IF it were by Bush, I'd be inclined to say it would be Roger due to the Texas connection. Remember when Bush defended Rafael Palmeiro after he failed a steroids test??

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    By the time any conviction (if any) happens, the pardon might have to come from President Obama, President Clinton II or President McCain.
    They don't have to wait for a conviction. I don't think Nixon had even been charged with anything yet when Ford pardoned him.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    They don't have to wait for a conviction. I don't think Nixon had even been charged with anything yet when Ford pardoned him.
    Right, President Bush can extend a pre-emptive pardon before he leaves office which would protect Clemens in event an indictment is handed down afterward.

Bush would have little to lose.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    Right, President Bush can extend a pre-emptive pardon before he leaves office which would protect Clemens in event an indictment is handed down afterward.

Bush would have little to lose.

Pre-emptive pardon? Is that another way of saying "blanket immunity"? A "get out of jail free" card? Does the unitary executive have that much power?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Pre-emptive pardon? Is that another way of saying "blanket immunity"? A "get out of jail free" card? Does the unitary executive have that much power?
    Basically, I believe he does.
    And had he the choice of Bonds or fellow Texan Clemens, I have no doubt in my mind it would be Clemens who would be pardoned.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Basically, I believe he does.
    And had he the choice of Bonds or fellow Texan Clemens, I have no doubt in my mind it would be Clemens who would be pardoned.
    Yes, I believe the president has that power, but I will be very surprised if he uses it in this instance. Yes, presidents have been known to make questionable use of their pardon power, especially as they are about to leave office, but what is the defensible rationale for pardoning Clemens and not Bonds?
    I've been surprised this thread has stayed open as long as it has....but here goes: To pardon Clemens and not Bonds would appear to be both politically motivated at best and racist at worse. Presidents have certainly done some stupid and arrogant things as they are packing their bags in their final days in office, but chosing Clemens over Bonds is like picking the better cow pattie-both stink and either one will get you dirty. I'll be surprised and disappointed if either one is pardoned.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?