Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite "B" or cult films

Re: Your favorite "B" or cult films

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

The Blob (I was a horror movie nut as a kid. I watched them all. The Blob freaked me out and I wouldn't go near the heat registers in our house).
    "I've never understood the term "women and children" as if their lives are somewhat more important than men."

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Brood
    "I've never understood the term "women and children" as if their lives are somewhat more important than men."

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    My wife, brother, and sister-in-law, rented and watched that movie when it first came out. It was so off-the-wall and stupid that it was funny. It has to be seen a second time.

Fred Willard is such an under-appreciated comedic actor IMHO. His commentator, with his off the topic comments, was right on.

And the couple played by Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara was simply hilarious.
    I think this whole series of films (what're they up to now, about five?) is as close to ensemble theater on film as we get. I doubt they should be considered B Movies, as others noted, but they all are just very funny. We took our kids to see Best of Show when they were little and had to leave given all the sexual inuendo, but when our daughter was in college, she watched and just roared.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    The Brood
    Ach!

That movie reeaally freaked me out. How can you stand to watch it more than once?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

The Cutting Edge is a guilty pleasure.

I actually consider Con-Air and Dirty Dancing to be "B" movies that are good when viewed through that angle.

Crud. I forgot another one...

Starship Troopers
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Amazing Grace and Chuck, starring Gregory Peck as President (natch) and Alex English as Amazing.

Great flick, though it's a bit dated now.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Crud. I forgot another one...

Starship Troopers
    Everyone I know hated that movie but I never had a problem with it. I enjoyed it for the most part but maybe it was just because of Denise Richards.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Near Dark
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

My favorite B Movie is The Replacements. I can quote that movie all day and not get tired of it. Great movie.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Napoleon Dynamite
    Reservoir Dogs
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Less Than Zero

The Rules of Attraction

American Psycho
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    Good one!

Oh Warriorrrrrsssss ........ come out to plaaaaaayyyyyyyy. *chill*

I was at a bar a few years ago with some good friends. I grabbed their empty bottles, put them on my fingertips and replayed the scene.
    One guy fell to the ground laughing. A couple of others had no idea what I was doing.

Would Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle be considered a cult classic? The scenes with Neil Patrick Harris alone are worth the price of admission.
    The original Mad Max, however, would be a B movie.
    Then, there is Silent Running with Bruce Dern. Most depressing film ever.
    The BBC made a nuclear-war film a few years ago called Threads. Made The Day After Tomorrow look like a picnic.

I'll second the mention of Road House that was made way up thread, and also say Teen Wolf.

Picnic at Hanging Rock
    Gallipoli

(both early Peter Weir)
    Burnt Offerings
    (campy early seventies horror with Oliver Reed, Karen Black, Bette Davis, Burgess Meredith)

Turn Off Ads?