Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All you can eat sections?

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

All you can eat sections?

Anybody ever done this? What kind of food is offered, is it just the basic hot dog and coke or do they have pizza, chicken, etc?
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Re: All you can eat sections?

The AYCE seats include unlimited ballpark fare - hot dogs, popcorn, peanuts and Pepsi products - all for one low price!
    Going to the ballpark for food is like going to a hooker for love... and considering the freebies offered in that food deal....that's one cheap hooker in that comparison.

I bring in my own food or eat before going to the game. Food is not that great at GABP.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Hot dogs, popcorn, peanuts and pop? So the really good stuff like nachos and cotton candy aren't even available? I think I would pass on that "deal." It's a good idea and one I know other organizations have tried. But you need to include more items for it to be worth it IMO.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    So the really good stuff like nachos and cotton candy aren't even available?
    Your definition of "really good stuff" (i.e. nachos and cotton candy) leaves a lot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    I bring in my own food or eat before going to the game. Food is not that great at GABP.
    I do too, but GABP is in the top tier for ballpark food IMO...

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Your definition of "really good stuff" (i.e. nachos and cotton candy) leaves a lot to be desired.

Ha, I set myself up for that one. I mean, it's obvious the really good stuff like steak or Montgomery ribs wouldn't be available, but they could at least include the really good stuff from the "crappy" section of foods like nachos.

Last time I went to Turner Stadium, I sat in the VIP section, where they had waiters to take food orders. We didn't partake, but they were making money hand over fist.

I'm telling you, the best thing to do is go to Deweys or Hoffbrauhaus in Newport eat before the game and then head on over...

I wish there was still a skyline within walking distance of the stadium... i need my cincinnati, just not at $3 a coney

Quote Originally Posted by The_jbh View Post
    I'm telling you, the best thing to do is go to Deweys or Hoffbrauhaus in Newport eat before the game and then head on over...

I wish there was still a skyline within walking distance of the stadium... i need my cincinnati, just not at $3 a coney
    You would know better than I, but I ate at a Skyline just about two or three blocks from the stadium on a Saturday afternoon before a game earlier this year...

maybe this will help your skyline fix in downtown.

http://www.skylinechili.com/locations.php#downtown
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I do too, but GABP is in the top tier for ballpark food IMO...
    How many ballparks have you been to?

I'll admit it. I like the brats, but I don't eat much at ball games, no matter what park I'm at. I'd rather get a decent meal before or after a game. Sometimes I'll bring some peanuts, but that's about it.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_jbh View Post
    My friends and I routinely stop at the Skyline on 4th St. before the game. Usually we'll park at the P&G garage ($2 parking) on 6th and hit Skyline on the way to the ballpark.

In fact, that's probably what I'll be doing tonight.

If I don't do Skyline pregame, I'll sometimes stop at a Chipotle on the way downtown and bring a burrito into the game with me. I figure if I'm gonna spend $6, I may as well get something good.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

There's a great scene in the movie Krush Groove, where the Fat Boys go to Sbarro and clear out an All-You-Can-Eat buffet.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?