Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heres a shocking development

Heres a shocking development

Bray is reportedly having shoulder discomfort . We have been down this road before I think.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Heres a shocking development

that trade has to be one of the most insignificant trades ever, that was made out to be big. neither team has really gotten any production out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    that trade has to be one of the most insignificant trades ever, that was made out to be big. neither team has really gotten any production out of it.
    I agree for the most part

Maybe he can get Dusty to massage it.
    Who's on first?

Kearns has been good. His offense is just slightly above avg, but he's one of the best defensive RFers in the game. He's easily the best player in the deal and worth more than everyone else combined. Just because he didn't live up to the hype doesn't mean he's not good.

i was never a kearns fan when he played here, i felt his defensive hype was overrated, and he never really recovered from that shoulder injury. although it wouldn't be hard to be the best player out of that trade.

[QUOTE=mroby85;1554185]that trade has to be one of the most insignificant trades ever, that was made out to be big. neither team has really gotten any production out of it.[/QUOT

Well the trade certainly hasn't improved the bullpen, and it didn't save the team any money if you consider the contracts to Cordero, Stanton, Saarloos, and Cormier.

[QUOTE=summerplight;1554312]
    Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    that trade has to be one of the most insignificant trades ever, that was made out to be big. neither team has really gotten any production out of it.[/QUOT

Well the trade certainly hasn't improved the bullpen, and it didn't save the team any money if you consider the contracts to Cordero, Stanton, Saarloos, and Cormier.
    First, I am sorry, but I fail to understand how trading away Kearns and Lopez led to those signings. All those guys would have been signed whether they were traded or not, especially Cordero. If you are going to use the twisted argument that the fact that Majewski and Bray have not been healthy or effective since the trade, and thus, that lead to these signings, then you need to take a course in logic 101.

Second, I am very confident that Bray will be the best player out of that trade by a long shot. He will be a dominant lefty reliever, and maybe even a starter eventually. He turns 25 in June!

Quote Originally Posted by mlbfan30 View Post
    Kearns has been good. His offense is just slightly above avg, but he's one of the best defensive RFers in the game. He's easily the best player in the deal and worth more than everyone else combined. Just because he didn't live up to the hype doesn't mean he's not good.
    I think he's a good bet to put up an .850-.870 OPS this year.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I think he's a good bet to put up an .850-.870 OPS this year.
    Maybe, but I doubt it. He was traded for his attitude, which has not seemed to have gotten better in Washington. He will be an average MLB outfielder his whole career, because he has no desire to be anything else but.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Maybe, but I doubt it. He was traded for his attitude, which has not seemed to have gotten better in Washington. He will be an average MLB outfielder his whole career, because he has no desire to be anything else but.
    I am not a fan of Kearns and always questioned his work ethic but the guy looks like he dropped 30 lbs heading into camp this year. Maybe he finally got it.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

I've said this before, but it's ridiculous to compare Bill Bray, who to this point has accomplished next to nothing as a major leaguer, to an above average corner outfielder who is going to hit about 300 home runs lifetime, drive in 1000+ runs, and put up about an .800 OPS. One can defend the trade from the Reds standpoint in terms of salary reduction and production of opportunity for other players, but Krivsky did not get anywhere near what he should have gotten for a player of Kearns' stature. Once Viola, Roenicke, Pelland, and some of the more recent acquisitions mature, it will be very interesting to see if a healthy Bill Bray can make our bullpen. He's really done nothing so far to suggest that he will.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

This is going to be great - another The Trade thread. It's been too long.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Comparing who won "The Trade" is like comparing if you'd rather make out with Rose O'Donnell or Carrot Top.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Comparing who won "The Trade" is like comparing if you'd rather make out with Rose O'Donnell or Carrot Top.
    that is an excellent analogy, thus the trade was insignificant, lol.

Turn Off Ads?