Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duke University is ruining college basketball ... And how to stop it

Re: Duke University is ruining college basketball ... And how to stop it

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    What a great game that was. As a Hoosier fan (and at the time I wasn't yet a fan of Duke) I remember being so pissed at Dane Fife. I didn't understand why he didn't just let him shoot.
    I forgot who made that ridiculous play and I remember Mike Davis screaming at the top of his lungs. Of all the players I think my favorite was George Leech. He was probably the most unathletic player ever but Indiana was pretty much forced to start him due to being undersized (and Leech was tall).

2. Turn Off Ads?

I watched about 10 minutes of the Duke St Johns game and it was the same old story. Every college basketball game is played physical. 90% of the games it seems like all the players are able to stay on their feet during a defensive series. Every duke defensive series ends up with someone on the ground. It is a true shame that the players that duke recruits are so uncordinated that they can't even stand on their feet for long periods of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    College basketball is still a pretty wonderful spectator sport, IMO.
    No doubt. There have been some great games this season IMO. I'm not a fan of either team but Saturday night's Tennessee/Memphis game was a tremendous one to see.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I watched about 10 minutes of the Duke St Johns game and it was the same old story. Every college basketball game is played physical. 90% of the games it seems like all the players are able to stay on their feet during a defensive series. Every duke defensive series ends up with someone on the ground. It is a true shame that the players that duke recruits are so uncordinated that they can't even stand on their feet for long periods of time.
    Every series? Oh my gosh, I need to play closer attention.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

This time of year I'm always surprised by the level of vitriol people direct towards Duke. The hatred influences the opinions of so many intelligent folks.

And for the record, I hate what has happened to basketball with regards to fouls (charges, specifically). It's up to the officials to call the game the way its supposed to be called (and they do a poor job across the board). Labeling Duke as the worst offender, the leader of the pack, or whatever is just viewing the games with preconceived notions and biased opinions, IMO. If Duke takes advantage of the way the officials call the games...well so does UK/UT/OSU/Mich/UNC and every single team I've ever seen or played on.

Turn Off Ads?