Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dunn Extension??

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Dunn Extension??

Fay:

Dunn: Nothing going on on extension

Adam Dunn is in camp. Could it be his last as a Red?

Dunn says nothing is going on as far as talks about a contract extension. The Reds picked up his option on Oct. 31. But, as it is, he'll become a free agent after the season. Any hope something gets done?

"I don't know anymore," he said. "We'll see what happens. I'm really not worried about it."

Dunn said he feels great. He had arthroscopic surgery Sept. 26. He had been playing with bulky knee for over a year.

"It's good," he said. "I haven't done a lot of agility stuff. But it's better than it's been in a long time. It should make it easier to play."

Dunn, by the way, is a NASCAR convert after going to the Daytona 500.

"It was awesome," he said. "I wasn't a fan of NASCAR. Being their live and seeing how fast those guys go . . . it's amazing. I don't know how to describe it. TV will never be able to capture the speed, the noise.

"I love it."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dunn Extention??

Sounds like a guy who is real excited doesn't it? Thankfully he's just as likely to slough off talk of leaving as it he to talk of staying.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I think he will be gone at the AS break...IF the Reds are not in contention.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

"Being their live and seeing how fast those guys go"

YOUR Reds reporter everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post

I blame Dunn. It probably sounded more like 'their' instead of 'there'. I'd criticize him more, but that wouldn't be a fair fight since everyone knows he can't defend.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

That's why newspapers have copy editors. Be cause there riporters spilling and gramatical schills leaf a lot two bee dis-hired.
    /r/reds

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

How about the "bulky" knee?

Note to FAY: Balky Knee. Use slang properly!! Know what I'm sayin'?
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

You won't find me Dunn bashing, but I just don't like the idea of a post peak Dunn as the centerpiece of our team.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

As I stated in another thread, I don't think the Reds have much room for adding salary in 2011. I think an optimistic estimate would have the Reds' 2011 payroll close to $80M.

2011 contracts:
    $11,000,000 Brandon Phillips
    $13,000,000 Aaron Harang
    $11,000,000 Bronson Arroyo
    $12,000,000 Francisco Cordero

players likely eligible for arbitration in 2011 or sooner: Joey Votto, Edwin Encarnacion, Jeff Keppinger, Homer Bailey, Edinson Volquez, Jared Burton, Bill Bray, Matt Belisle, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    You won't find me Dunn bashing, but I just don't like the idea of a post peak Dunn as the centerpiece of our team.
    Does he have an expiration date tatooed on his butt? The guy is still only 28 - I think he's probably got a few more years in him.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Yeah noticed that.

Sounds like our boy has given up on any extention. That's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Does he have an expiration date tatooed on his butt? The guy is still only 28 - I think he's probably got a few more years in him.
    So do I. I'm not worried about 2008-2010. But there's copious evidence that guys built like Dunn and with his skill set do not age gracefully on the other side of 30. I don't want the Reds to be on the hook financially for that in terms of what it would mean for our ability to compete. Better a year too early than a year too late. I'd happily go 3/45 with Dunn. I wouldn't want to go any longer than that.

When you consider the commitments we've already made with guys like Harang, Phillips, Arroyo, and Cordero, another big contract is probably the last big contract over the next 3 years.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I've come to notice that's par for the course on his blog entries. In just about every one there's either a blatant grammatical or spelling error, but it's apparent he doesn't really care. Personally, while that's a pet peeve of mine, I don't blame him. It is only a blog after all. His articles for the Enquirer almost never have the same errors.

No way does a 3 year deal 'git r done' with Dunn, IMO.

Just like C.C. with the Indians... bet he'll be looking for at least 5 years...

probably closer to 17-18 than 15. And he'll get that on the open market if the Reds don't pony up.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    No way does a 3 year deal 'git r done' with Dunn, IMO.

Just like C.C. with the Indians... bet he'll be looking for at least 5 years...

probably closer to 17-18 than 15. And he'll get that on the open market if the Reds don't pony up.
    Dunn and CC are two different animals. The Union will be pushing CC toget a huge contract because he probably will be the prized FA of next offseason. I don't think they will care too much about Dunn and his next contract considering he probably isnt one of the top 10-15 OF in the game.

Turn Off Ads?