Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cavs trade rumor..

Cavs trade rumor..

This from rotoworld:

"Another trade rumor is being kicked around, this one reported by Chad Ford of ESPN: "The deal...would send Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal and Kyle Lowry to the Cavaliers for Ira Newble, Donyell Marshall, Shannon Brown, Cedric Simmons and Dwayne Jones along with cash and at least one first-round pick."
    The Grizzlies have been entertaining plenty of offers for both Miller and Lowry, and the Cavaliers willingness to take Brian Cardinal's contract could help their cause immensely. Again, it's just a rumor."

I think this would be a great trade for the Cavs. While it wouldn't set them apart from Detroit or Boston but it would help them out a lot.

Miller would give them a pretty consistent 3 pt shooter to go along with Gibson. Lowry would be a nice addition to the PG rotation in Cleveland as well. Cardinal is worthless so...

Once healthy the Cavs cold run out this team:

PG: Hughes
    SG: James
    SF: Miller
    PF: Gooden
    C: Z

BN: Gibson
    BN: Pavlovic
    BN: Varajeo
    BN: Lowry
    BN: Jones

That team could win the east if things went right. That would include Hughes playing well, which isn't a great thing to rely on.
    Matta = Really good

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cavs trade rumor..

That'd be a great trade for the Cavs, Miller is one of the most underrated role players in the NBA and he's a great 3pt shooter.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

I think Miller would be at the 2, with James at the 3, but that's still a great team when healthy. Miller could help get that team deep into the playoffs. Still, no true point guard on that team though.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

You will love watching the Custodian Brian Cardinal.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

They didn't work out a Miller trade but Ferry decided to attempt to surround LeBron with veteran players who can hit open jumpers and play D.

Cavs trade Gooden and Hughes to Chicago for Ben Wallace and Joe Smith.

As well, Cavs trade Newble, Simmons, and Marshall to Seattle for Wally Szerbiak and Delonte West.

Chris Duhon goes to the Sonics as well.

Interesting. Not sure getting Wallace will really help that much, but his contract was as bad as Hughes'. Wally, West, and Smith will hit open shots for the Cavs.
    Matta = Really good

I hadn't heard Duhon was in this. If thats true, I like it a little less. I like dumping Wallace, Smith was useful but not a building block. Bulls get Gooden who is what Wallace was a few years back,minus the blocks.

All in all I'm not sure the point in this deal, I think the Cavs and Bulls end in a wash, while the Sonics come out losers.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I hadn't heard Duhon was in this. If thats true, I like it a little less. I like dumping Wallace, Smith was useful but not a building block. Bulls get Gooden who is what Wallace was a few years back,minus the blocks.

All in all I'm not sure the point in this deal, I think the Cavs and Bulls end in a wash, while the Sonics come out losers.
    ESPN has someone Adrian Griffin in place of Duhon.

I think the Cavs got better and maintained their cap room 2 years down the road. Good for them.

The Bulls traded expensive scraps for expensive crap. Wash.

The Sonics hit the jackpot. They got expiring contracts, a young and cheap Ced Simmons, and they have like 6 first round picks over the next few years to add to Durant and Green. They're going to move somewhere else soon, and they'll be able to have a nice rebuilding process under way that the new hometown fans can get behind.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Turn Off Ads?