Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dusty Baker...wow

Re: Dusty Baker...wow

He's a baseball manager... this is baseball, pick up a book and read some baseball history, the game is littered, LITTERED with this stuff, every spring.

I love how Dusty's soooooooooo stupid, yet has been in the game for 40 years now... damn... he's dumb.

Yes we get it, he's a scary "old school" guy.

Just like every other grown man who wears a uniform and doesn't play from what I can see.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Hopper makes a lot of solid contact. And unlike Freel (at least last year), who hits a lot of fly balls, he usually puts it on a line or on the ground, as he should do.
    Hopper has proved to be a much better player than many here have given him credit for, beginning with his callup in 06 and continuing to today.
    A guy like Hopper and his skill set are very important to a team like the reds. Hopper is one of the few reds who consistantly puts the bat on the ball. He uses his greatest asset, his speed, to help his game. He is not going to have a great ops and may be an average defender but on a team that strikes out at an alarming rate a guy like Hopper has value.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Hopper makes a lot of solid contact. And unlike Freel (at least last year), who hits a lot of fly balls, he usually puts it on a line or on the ground, as he should do.
    Hopper has proved to be a much better player than many here have given him credit for, beginning with his callup in 06 and continuing to today.
    Exactly. And although some blow it off, he is the best base-hit bunter in MLB.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    He's a baseball manager... this is baseball, pick up a book and read some baseball history, the game is littered, LITTERED with this stuff, every spring.

I love how Dusty's soooooooooo stupid, yet has been in the game for 40 years now... damn... he's dumb.

Yes we get it, he's a scary "old school" guy.

Just like every other grown man who wears a uniform and doesn't play from what I can see.
    True. But that doesn't mean I have to like this one, Big daddy.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    True. But that doesn't mean I have to like this one, Big daddy.
    Of course not, but boy I've heard Sparky say stuff that makes him look like Mortimer Snerd too... and we all loved Sparky.

Put a ball cap and tight polyester pants on a grown man and watch the stupidity flow from their mouth when they stand on the field in February.

No reason to be so surprised.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Of course not, but boy I've heard Sparky say stuff that makes him look like Mortimer Snerd too... and we all loved Sparky.

Put a ball cap and tight polyester pants on a grown man and watch the stupidity flow from their mouth when they stand on the field in February.

Well, it has been months since real baseball talk.... we all are antsy and jump on the first things we hear.

Wow, a Mortimer Snerd reference. Impressive.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Wow, a Mortimer Snerd reference. Impressive.
    I'm dating myself with that though.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    If everyone is going to disect every Baker comment,we will get posts like this all year.

He said Hopper hit the ball hard.

Big deal. Move on. Nothing here.
    Party pooper.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I'm dating myself with that though.
    Yeah, but don't feel too bad. I admitted I got it.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Solid post. Your words made a lot of noise in this thread. And I should know, I use my ears a lot
    Witty signature.

Cool...we can change the name of the forum to "No Comment Zone".

Turn Off Ads?