Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not A Good Day.....

Re: Not A Good Day.....

That's a drag what happened to your new Civic. I get the impression you work for Honda so I was wonderin' how often do you get a new Honda?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That's a drag what happened to your new Civic. I get the impression you work for Honda so I was wonderin' how often do you get a new Honda?
    I've been at Honda 14 years. We bought our first Honda, an Odyssey, last year. My 95 Ford Sable finally puked (I drive them till they do), so I broke down and bought an '08 Civic two weeks ago.

But I take care of my cars, and hold onto them.

It wasn't really that bad. Nothing major. You have to get down and look under the front end to see any of the damage, which is to the plastic protective sheathing and the bumper/spoiler where it cracked.

But it's all one molded piece and still gonna cost $1100, of which I have to pay $300.

When I have had time to think about it, it could have been a lot worse if I hadn't been driving so slow. When it started to slide I didn't panic or slam on the brakes. Just held onto the steering wheel firmly and road it out. I thought I was going to avoid going into the ditch because I was going pretty slow; but the front end slid right in.

I scheduled Sunday night (Monday for 3rd shifters) off so I could run a few errands. When I returned to work last night all types of rumors had been running amok around the department.

The worst of it was I had totaled my car and had to be care-flighted out. When some saw me walking into work, in a surprised tone several asked "What are you doing here? You're all right."
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    When some saw me walking into work, in a surprised tone several asked "What are you doing here? You're all right."

Remember, these people know you.

I'm sure they were expecting something spectacular.

:
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Remember, these people know you.

I'm sure they were expecting something spectacular.

:
    Yeah, I guess I let them down again. :
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?