Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How's the weather down there?

Hillbilly

How's the weather down there?

Hello guys, my name is Josh. I live in Columbus and am actually a huge Red Sox fan... but living in Ohio, It's tough to see my favorite team play, so with FSN Ohio, I've really enjoyed watching the Reds play (it doesn't hurt that my parents are huge Red's fans from Southern WV).

I really believe that GABP is my favorite stadium I've been to in the majors - and hey, I'm a huge Arroyo fan!

Anyway, I hope you guys are kind to me, haha. Looking forward to enjoying a season (and a nice interleague weekend) with you guys!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How's the weather down there?

Howdy. It's good to see that the Reds have fans from all over. Thank God you didn't get sucked in by those Indians.

GABP is a good ballpark, but if it's your favorite you need to go to some other places. No offense to GABP, but it's not on the level with Yankee stadium, Fenway, or some of the new stadiums. I like it though.

Good to have you aboard.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

agree with GoReds33--I love GABP but it doesn't have the history and tradition of a lot of other parks. I may take some heat for this, but I would add Wrigley to his list...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post

agree with GoReds33--I love GABP but it doesn't have the history and tradition of a lot of other parks. I may take some heat for this, but I would add Wrigley to his list...
    I thought about it, but I just couldn't find the courage to put it up there.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

BRB

I'd really love to visit Wrigley one time. Very historic stadium, and even from TV it looks awesome.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by BRB View Post
    I'd really love to visit Wrigley one time. Very historic stadium, and even from TV it looks awesome.
    Historic, yes. Saying you have been there, yes. Anything else, no. It is a crapper of a place.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Historic, yes. Saying you have been there, yes. Anything else, no. It is a crapper of a place.
    most old stadiums are. I would say the same thing about Yankee Stadium...

Hillbilly

The only stadiums I've been in are the old riverfront, Three Rivers and The Jake.

Turn Off Ads?