Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just participated in my first draft of the year...

Re: just participated in my first draft of the year...

Definitely smaller. There could be a wind tunnel effect in CF, but they aren't sure if it's blowing in or out.

I actually like the Nats offense. I dropped FeLo for Rauch, and I may go after Heath Bell as well. I offered up Santana and Kemp for Hanley and Billy Wagner. I doubt he bites, but it will open up some talking. He offered me Hanley and Russel Martin for Santana and another player, can't remember who. So, he actually might go for it.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm assuming this is a roto league....
    It's amazing that not one person has mentioned you have no steals. You will not win if you punt a category.
    You also will probably be last in BA. Dunn/Weeks/Kearns/Bartlet all have AVGs around or lower than .265.
    You will also lose saves. 2 RP is not enough. Soria might be a good pitcher, but the Royals arent going to in many games. He just isn't going to help very much. Arroyo and Volquez will both hurt you just by being on the team due to poor WHIP and ERA.

It's amazing how much your Red Bias played a role into this team. Your pretty much guaranteed to be bottom 1/2 in the standings will probably be last. SP is easy to find and getting top SP was a poor strategy. Almost 1/2 your team are Reds

SP is much harder to find. it's a 5x5 league. dominating pitching while everyone else went after hitters isn't a bad strategy. I finished in second last year doing the same thing. I've got depth in the rotation and a few key hitters. Volquez was my last pick, and I'm probably dropping Arroyo in favor of Heath Bell. Bell won't get me any saves, but he'll get me K's, ERA and WHIP.

Yeah, I had a Reds bias this time around. familiarity isn't just a JimBo fault.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?