Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Majik time?

Majik time?

Feb 23 Mark Sheldon, of Reds.MLB.com, reports Cincinnati Reds RP Gary Majewski has impressed the Reds' coaching staff and front office officials so far in spring training. Majewski reported to camp stronger, in better shape and healthier than last season, and he has shown good placement with his pitches in live batting practice

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Majik time?

Hope this is true, god knows we could use some more help in the bullpen.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

with Cordero as our closer, we definatly need a good set up man for him. If that report is true, and he stays healthy he could be our guy.
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

dream on, the guy is washed up, and look at his stats from last year

That is the one problem I have always had with stats, they don't take into account injuries. Maj hasn't exactly lit it up for the Reds since coming here, however he hasn't exactly been healthy either.

What can Maj do when he's healthy? Maybe he could be a good setup man, maybe not. But it is encouraging to hear these kinds of reports out of Spring training about him.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport View Post
    yea I know, although he's only 27, his numbers have been going down consistently (era-wise) and last year in 32 games he had an era of 8.22! That is completly unacceptable for a reliever (or a starter for that matter). I really don't see him doing anything either, I just like being optomistic about the season
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

got alil captain in u?

good to hear he's finally healthy. Im interested to see what he can do now that he is fully healthy. Last year he gave up alot of seeing eye singles if i remember correctly. If he continues to keep his pitches down and uses his sinker he should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport View Post
    That is just an insensitive and stupid comment to make. The first year he was here he was already injured so that doomed him from the start. Now last year he also had injuries and was dealing with the death of his sister, now if you are going to be that cold and heartless to someone going through a rough time in his life you should not make a dam comment at all. Yes he gets paid millions to play a game we all love but that doesn't take away from losing a very close family member and how hard it is to learn how to deal with someone like that in every day life.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    That is just an insensitive and stupid comment to make. The first year he was here he was already injured so that doomed him from the start. Now last year he also had injuries and was dealing with the death of his sister, now if you are going to be that cold and heartless to someone going through a rough time in his life you should not make a dam comment at all. Yes he gets paid millions to play a game we all love but that doesn't take away from losing a very close family member and how hard it is to learn how to deal with someone like that in every day life.

Word. I was thinking the same thing. I am rooting for Majik this year for those exact reasons. Let's see what he can do while healthy.

If he's back, this bullpen will be very, very good.

Cordero in the 9th
    Burton/Majewski/Weathers/Affeldt options in 7th and 8th

Virtually every game becomes a 6 inning contest. How many would the Reds have won last year if the games ended after 6 innings?

Id rather give Roenicke every chance to make the team then to just assume Majewski makes it. If he can control it that 98 MPH fastball would be more valuable then anything the majik man can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    I've thought the same. I expect Majewski to be what we traded for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    If he's back, this bullpen will be very, very good.

Cordero in the 9th
    Burton/Majewski/Weathers/Affeldt options in 7th and 8th

Virtually every game becomes a 6 inning contest. How many would the Reds have won last year if the games ended after 6 innings?
    I like those options, but as was pointed out on another discussion, Affeldt didn't come here to be a reliever.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

I'm not going to hold my breathe on this after one week of spring training. I'd like to wait and see how he does throughout the spring, everybody deserves a shot. It would be nice to finally see the value from the Kearns trade.... i still get sick when i think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I like those options, but as was pointed out on another discussion, Affeldt didn't come here to be a reliever.
    Affeldt is not going to be given anything. He was promised a chance to start, and he will have to impress in spring training to make the rotation. He did a good job relieving last year, and we will mst likely see him in the bullpen this year.

Turn Off Ads?