10 17.54%
  • Phil Valiquette

3 5.26%
  • Other (please specify)

0 0%

Thread: Redszone Community Prospect Vote #38

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Redszone Community Prospect Vote #38

Vote for the player who you think is the Reds #38 prospect (the best prospect who is not yet on the list). We will go with this as far as you guys want to take it.

I will post a new list every 2 days with 10-15 options to vote on.

If you feel like making an argument on why a guy should be voted here, feel free to vote and state why you voted for that player.

If there is someone that is not currently listed as an option to vote on, vote for 'other' then just state who you want to vote for in the thread.

If there is anyone you would like to see as an option on the next poll, just say so and if they garner enough support, they will be placed on the next poll. Guys with the lowest amount of votes will usually be removed for the next few guys who were talked about in the previous thread.

Prospect 1 - Jay Bruce
    Prospect 2 - Homer Bailey
    Prospect 3 - Johnny Cueto
    Prospect 4 - Joey Votto
    Prospect 5 - Todd Frazier
    Prospect 6 - Drew Stubbs
    Prospect 7 - Matt Maloney
    Prospect 8 - Josh Roenicke
    Prospect 9 - Travis Wood
    Prospect 10 - Devin Mesoraco
    Prospect 11 - Kyle Lotzkar
    Prospect 12 - Danny Dorn
    Prospect 13 - Sean Watson
    Prospect 14 - Carlos Fisher
    Prospect 15 - Juan Francisco
    Prospect 16 - Neftali Soto
    Prospect 17 - Brandon Waring
    Prospect 18 - Adam Rosales
    Prospect 19 - Tyler Pelland
    Prospect 20 - Daryl Thompson
    Prospect 21 - Pedro Viola
    Prospect 22 - Chris Valaika
    Prospect 23 - Sam Lecure
    Prospect 24 - Marcus McBeth
    Prospect 25 - Justin Turner
    Prospect 26 - Chris Dickerson
    Prospect 27 - Scott Carroll
    Prospect 28 - Richie Gardner
    Prospect 29 - Justin Reed
    Prospect 30 - Paul Janish
    Prospect 31 - Alexander Smit
    Prospect 32 - Danny Herrera
    Prospect 33 - Zach Cozart
    Prospect 34 - Tzu-Kai Chiu
    Prospect 35 - Ramon Ramrirez
    Prospect 36 - Derrik Lutz
    Prospect 37 - Evan Hildenbrandt

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Redszone Community Prospect Vote #38

IMO, tough decision between Jukich and Castro here.

Brett Bartles. OPS of almost .900 between GCL and Billings last season. On the downside, he went to a university that represents everything I loathe.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Brett Bartles. OPS of almost .900 between GCL and Billings last season. On the downside, he went to a university that represents everything I loathe.
    What, you loathe blue?

Seriously, I am not funny.

Josh Ravin.

For some reason I thought Josh Ravin had already been elected in the top 30 or else I would have voted for him earlier. Pure laziness on my part for not looking it up. Anyway, this was an easy selection for me at 38. Just forget about how awful his 2007 season was for a minute - Baseball America reported that Ravin hit 99 mph on the gun last year and also flashed an above-average curveball. Mid-to-upper 90's heat and a solid curveball catches my eye. Now his changeup is still inconsistent but if he can further develop that and improve his control, well, this kid could be someone worth keeping a close eye on. He's got a great power pitcher frame at 6'4" and 195 pounds, and he justed turned 20 years old in late January so he's got plenty of time to put it together.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    What, you loathe blue?

Seriously, I am not funny.
    Blue...

Devils...
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Josh Ravin.

For some reason I thought Josh Ravin had already been elected in the top 30 or else I would have voted for him earlier. Pure laziness on my part for not looking it up. Anyway, this was an easy selection for me at 38. Just forget about how awful his 2007 season was for a minute - Baseball America reported that Ravin hit 99 mph on the gun last year and also flashed an above-average curveball. Mid-to-upper 90's heat and a solid curveball catches my eye. Now his changeup is still inconsistent but if he can further develop that and improve his control, well, this kid could be someone worth keeping a close eye on. He's got a great power pitcher frame at 6'4" and 195 pounds, and he justed turned 20 years old in late January so he's got plenty of time to put it together.
    I'm on the same boat. I didn't know he hit 99, but I had heard that he has a really good fastball. I was suprised when you or whoever it was pointed it out on the last one.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Josh Ravin.
    Just forget about how awful his 2007 season was for a minute.
    It's hard to forget about how bad he was - 8.55 ERA with 41 BB / 39 K in 40 innings. That ERA is astronimical especially for Billings.

He's got a great power pitcher frame at 6'4" and 195 pounds, and he justed turned 20 years old in late January so he's got plenty of time to put it together.
    Although, he is intriguing relief prospect down the road. He is young and has time to turn it around. Just at this point I can't see putting him ahead of Jukich or Castro.

Been going with Hildenbrandt for about 25 rounds so I don't know what to do. Tatum, I guess, though it's pretty much a toss-up with Ravin and maybe Jukich.

I went with Jordan Smith, but I was very close to picking Ryan Hanigan, Chris Heisey, or Sean Henry. There's nothing glorious about Smith's numbers, but he has control, keeps it in the ballpark, and may turn out to be a Matt Belisle-type.

This poll is unfriendly to defensive oriented position players.

Josh Ravin.

if you say he throws upper 90's thats good enough for me, I'd like to see them draft about a half a dozen of those type guys every year if possible.

Turn Off Ads?