Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kyle Lohse anyone?

Re: Kyle Lohse anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mlbfan30 View Post
    Are 5 IP bad starts? That requires 4 IP of the bullpen which is quite a bit. Fogg is an expert at those 5IP starts.

Is 4 starts of less than 5 IP worse than - 7 GS of 5 IP + 4 GS of 8+IP? Its hard for me to think it is
    Its a good argument that im not sure who's more correct. Id argue that the pitcher that goes 5-6 every start is going to be much more appreciated than the starter whos range is 1 - 9 ip.

Of course that is pitchers who are only separated between 1/3rd of an inning per start.
    Last edited by Bip Roberts; 02-25-2008 at 01:22 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Loshe had 3 games less than or 3 IP
    Fogg had 2 games

In 1 of Loshe's starts he was taken out at 1 IP but gave up 1 Run, so that's an anomaly.

Quote Originally Posted by mlbfan30 View Post
    Loshe had 3 games less than or 3 IP
    Fogg had 2 games

In 1 of Loshe's starts he was taken out at 1 IP but gave up 1 Run, so that's an anomaly.
    Im not really trying to argue which is better or worse. Both have their negatives and positives its just which one you want to go with. If I had to pick id go with Lohse. With out money being a factor of course.

I havent seen Fogg pitch really though.
    Last edited by Bip Roberts; 02-25-2008 at 02:12 AM.

I'd have to agree, Lohse is a better option than Fogg. Only reason I can see they went with Fogg is the money and his willingness to sign a 1 year deal. Looks like Lohse is being stubborn which is why he's still at home.

If Lohse will sign for the league minimum, then I'll take a look at him.

Turn Off Ads?