Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homer Bailey at T.C.

Homer Bailey at T.C.

I haven't been able to check in much. Has anything been written or said about Homer Bailey's velocity at training camp thus far? I would be concerned if his fast ball isn't more than the 90-92mph that it was towards the end of the year last year. It's pretty obvious that his offspeed is not good enough to support that kind of fastball. Hopefully he was just going through a dead arm period.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Homer Bailey at T.C.

acctually his fb was running 93-97 towards the end of last year....

He had excellent velocity his last 3 starts after coming back from the groin injury.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Forget velocity, does he have a third pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    I haven't been able to check in much. Has anything been written or said about Homer Bailey's velocity at training camp thus far? I would be concerned if his fast ball isn't more than the 90-92mph that it was towards the end of the year last year. It's pretty obvious that his offspeed is not good enough to support that kind of fastball. Hopefully he was just going through a dead arm period.
    I never understood how people say his FB was only 90-92. Did you just not watch the games or something?

Quote Originally Posted by RSNtransplant View Post
    Forget velocity, does he have a third pitch?
    He has always had 3 pitches. 2 plus pitches in his fastball and curve, and an average change-up. It is true he needs to continue refining his change-up in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    He has always had 3 pitches. 2 plus pitches in his fastball and curve, and an average change-up. It is true he needs to continue refining his change-up in the future.
    So he has two mlb caliber pitches, developing that 3rd mlb pitch is what needs to happen if he is going to produce consistently at the major league level. I cannot think of (m)any aces that feature a curve and have no 3rd mlb caliber pitch.

doesn't he have two fastballs?

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    doesn't he have two fastballs?
    Hes got a cutter that is 92-94 and i think a 4 seamer or maybe its a 2 seamer is 95-97

The games that I watched on FSN I rarely if, ever saw him throw harder than say 94 and that was by far more rare than it was common. My memory could very well be mistaken, I just had the impression that his fastball normally ended up in the 94-97 range from what I was hearing and that didn't seem to be the case in his starts I watched. Again this is just from memory.

nope he def. was hitting 94-97

even when he was injured he was still throwing harder than 92

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Hes got a cutter that is 92-94 and i think a 4 seamer or maybe its a 2 seamer is 95-97
    I'm almost positive it's a 4 seamer.

Quote Originally Posted by elfmanvt07 View Post
    I'm almost positive it's a 4 seamer.
    There really isnt much of a difference anyways but Im pretty sure its a 4 seamer too

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    There really isnt much of a difference anyways but Im pretty sure its a 4 seamer too
    IMO there is. If the 4 seam is as straight as an arrow, most MLB hitters can hit it even if it is 97 mph.

Turn Off Ads?