Turn Off Ads?

Thread: DeShawn Jackson

DeShawn Jackson

If hes sitting there in the second round do you take him? From reports that I see Jackson is slipping and slipping fast. He is a WR which is a position of strength for the bengals but his return game could make a world of difference for them. Look what a guy like Cribbs and Hester do for their clubs. I don't know if he falls to them in the second but he is a first round talent who is being knocked because of his size.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: DeShawn Jackson

I don't see the Bengals going WR in round 2, with Henry, TJ, Chad, Perry, and Chatman the position is pretty deep. I imagine they go tight end or running back in round 2, I could be wrong though.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    If hes sitting there in the second round do you take him? From reports that I see Jackson is slipping and slipping fast. He is a WR which is a position of strength for the bengals but his return game could make a world of difference for them. Look what a guy like Cribbs and Hester do for their clubs. I don't know if he falls to them in the second but he is a first round talent who is being knocked because of his size.
    I'd rather address the Special Team issue on the Free agency, there is a CB ( i am forgetting the name) that does a great job returning kicks who will be on free agency.

Pacman Jones?

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I wouldn't give up on Jackson as a deep, homerun threat WR.

If we can get Ocho Cinco to get his head out of his butt and do what he does best, I think Jackson would be a great addition to the other side of the field, and move TJ to the slot where he'd be more productive, IMO.

And Jackson would exponentially increase the talent level of our our non-existent return game.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I don't see the Bengals going WR in round 2, with Henry, TJ, Chad, Perry, and Chatman the position is pretty deep. I imagine they go tight end or running back in round 2, I could be wrong though.
    I agree that WR is deep. I just thought it was an interesting thought because Jackson is slipping and may be available when the Bengals are using their 2nd pick. Jackson would immediatly make Chatman expendable and he could be a special teams ace. I remember watching the Sehawks Bears playoff game a few years ago and every time the Hawks scored they kicked away from Hester basically giving the Bears a starting field position at the 40. Also them punting away from Hester I am sure shortened the field as well. Those hidden yards add up fast.

I think they should go defense, defense, defense, but if a guy like Jackson falls into their laps in the second round I think you take a chance. Look what the Vikings did when they drafted Moss. They had other needs and a solid core of WR's in Reed and Carter yet they still rolled the dice on Moss. Jackson and Moss aren't even in the same league but he can be a gamebreaker.

Turn Off Ads?